INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images for music record albums -problems  (Read 739 times)

Dervishing

• Recent member
Images for music record albums -problems
« on: October 26, 2022, 09:45:43 pm »

Many of the music albums I have (1000s of them) include jpgs of cover art, and images of any lyric sheets or other artwork included with the albums. When I go to the Images part of MC21, it displays thumbnails of all my actual images, but it also adds all the images from the music albums that shouldn't be there.

I'm not finding an easy way to fix this... I'm hoping there's an easy way to exclude jpg images that are NOT images I want in my Images database. I want to leave those images in the directory with the music album they "belong" to without having them appear as "Images" in the Image database. The REAL Images I have that I want in the MC21 database are in my NAS #1 (a 4-disk box with 2 RAID volumes) in RAID 1. There are about 4000 record albums on RAID 2 (still in NAS #1 unit) with a large number of images that are related to the music albums that I don't want in the Images database. RAID2 also holds a fair number of TV Shows and Movies in a Video folder and none of those have any images associated with them.

Just for completeness... there is a second 4-bay NAS and a 2-bay NAS, each having movies, TV Shows, and music combined on their respective RAID volumes. Therefore, I have 5 individual RAID volumes in 3 physical NAS devices. Each RAID volume has at least 2 kinds of media files.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Images for music record albums -problems
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 07:34:08 am »

Please read the wiki articles on Import (you can exclude directories from auto import) and Cover Art.

You can set the cover art folder in MC's options.  Options has a search.
Pages: [1]   Go Up