INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong  (Read 1302 times)

jwadle

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
What am I doing wrong
« on: March 06, 2003, 06:57:09 am »

I set up a Media Server, and added several DIVX movies to the library.  i can play them locally, but when I try to view them from a different machine all I get is a black screen.  Music streams fine

If I go to the same machine, and set up a local library, but point to the network drive that the media is stored, it works fine..

Both are windows XP pro machines, one is hardwired to the network and the other is connected via a wireless card..  Same thing happens on my WIN2k box (can play is you create a libirary locally, chosing network drive for files).  also it seems like some divx movies show up under the music tab, not the video tab..

Thanks for any help..  This seems like a great product, but I need to figure out why it will not stream video..  

ChicoSelfs

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: What am I doing wrong
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 07:04:21 am »

Do you have DivX codec or Angelpoint or Xvid in both machines?
Made in Portugal

jwadle

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 07:18:33 am »

I have the standard divx codec installed on all machines..  maybe I should install those other codecs?  Its just funny because the files will play in Media Center, just not streaming..  Do you know where I can get these codecs?

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 07:49:29 am »

Never mind, if the movies were encoded with DivX the other plugins don't make any difference if you install them or not. Both Machines have same version of MC and Wmp?
Made in Portugal

jwadle

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 08:05:19 am »

Yup..  I orignally thought that too, but I have MP 9 on both and 9.0124 of MC loaded on both.

Oh I forgto this part...  If I check the sedia server PC, it says that it did stream the video

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2003, 09:58:55 am »

I can't help  :-[ maybe other user with same configuration and had that problem and solved. sorry
Made in Portugal
Pages: [1]   Go Up