INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 30.0.27 and Mac Ventura  (Read 447 times)

dejanm

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 30.0.27 and Mac Ventura
« on: November 07, 2022, 12:34:45 pm »

Hi,

I installed Ventura on my Mac mini M1. I am running MC 30.0.27. On my Mac I have attached M2Tech USB to coax converter and then with coax digital cable I am going to Shiit Gungnir DAC. I am listening to DSD files but in MC I set it to convert everything to 192 KHz. In Audio Midi I see that M2Tech is set to 24 Bits and 192 KHz.

Everything works fine for a minute or so and then simply the sound disappears. MC shows though that the song is played further - just like nothing happened. When I stop the song and try to start it again I get an error panel telling me that something is wrong with playback and now MC does not play the song. I have to restart the Mac in order to start playing again but then the story repeats.

I am attaching the log file. I am little bit confused that I see that MC is working with 32 bits although it should be 24. Shiit Gungnir does not support 32 bits nor it has USB input (it is the first version of the unit).

Can you help ?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 30.0.27 and Mac Ventura
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 01:19:42 pm »

I don't know much about this, but here are a couple of random ideas:

1.  In Audio MIDI setup, go find your M2Tech device.  Make sure that the sample rate and bit depth match what you have MC set to.
2.  If that doesn't help, try setting MC to sample everything to 96kHz.

Not sure if either will help but should be pretty fast to try.

Good luck.
Brian.

dejanm

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 02:04:36 pm »

I don't know much about this, but here are a couple of random ideas:

1.  In Audio MIDI setup, go find your M2Tech device.  Make sure that the sample rate and bit depth match what you have MC set to.
2.  If that doesn't help, try setting MC to sample everything to 96kHz.

Not sure if either will help but should be pretty fast to try.

Good luck.
Brian.

Brian,

I did both things. As I mentioned, I am bit confused because in Audio Midi I set M2Tech to 24/192 and I see in MC that it works with 32 bits. I do not know why and how it can be set differently.

I tried with 96 KHz but the behaviour is the same.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 04:55:30 pm »

Your log indicates MC's using 32 bit floating point (the MacOS default) at 192k to the device.
I really don't have any idea about what format conversions if any need to be done in your setup however you could try turning on integer mode (and maybe exclusive mode as well).
Integer mode will look for a 32 bit integer mode match then a 24 bit integer mode match.

dejanm

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 09:33:49 am »

Bob,

You are right: this problem has nothing to do with MC. I changed a configuration a bit and now everything is working fine.

Thank you for help ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up