INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Cuts In and Out  (Read 636 times)

ksteele36

• Recent member
Audio Cuts In and Out
« on: November 09, 2022, 06:58:03 pm »

Greetings,
Upgraded to Windows 10 (a long time ago) and started having this issue with the player cutting in and out during playback of audio files I know (and have tested) on other players. I know this is a long time coming but I don't get much time to myself to handle this type of stuff. I have been a long time supporter of this software b/c I know and admire the work and thought put into it and I think this is the first time I have had any real issues with it. Since this is an older version and I see this is the ONLY version in this series (v26.0.107 64bit) I am guessing this has been addressed before and there is an easy solution I just can't seem to find a thread on my search terms. A little help?

best regards, "K"

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio Cuts In and Out
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 07:46:38 am »

That kind of problem is either

1.  trouble reading the file

or

2.  the audio device having trouble.

In the first case, make sure Windows Defender is configured and don't use any other antivirus.  If the file is on a USB drive or network drive, try playing it from a local drive.  Very large files may be a cause if the reading is too slow to keep up.

In the second case, see if you can tie it to file format.  You can use MC's DSP Studio > Output format to force everything to 16 bit / 44.1 Khz, for example.  If the playback device is connected by network, a wifi connection may not be reliable enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up