INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recorded tv shows not found  (Read 1216 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
Recorded tv shows not found
« on: November 10, 2022, 06:50:31 am »

Since updating to Media Center 30.0.26 my OTA TV recordings no longer show up in my recorded tv folder and I cannot access them from theatre view or standard view. I rechecked my subscriptions and they are all correct and when a show that is scheduled to record comes on it shows it being recorded. I also noticed that when I did the update the previously recorded shows no longer showed up in theatre view under the shows tab. I reconfigured all of my settings including starting a new recorded tv folder and set it to record five different shows last night and none of them show up in either the new folder or under the shows tab. What am I doing wrong. I have never had an issue before. As I said this all started when I did the 30.0.26 update.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Recorded tv shows not found
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 07:14:24 am »

Security software?

Set up a test recording and watch the folder you have set.  Does it show up at all?

jtv or ts file format?  Use Explorer to search for them.

Tuner device? 

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 07:49:40 am »

I found the issue right after I posted. I had to change to recording in ts file format. This is due to changes made in time shifting etc. It has been recommended in the past to record in the jtv format so that is how I have always set it. I changed the setting in recording options and did a test record and it is now working. I think that the recording default should now be changed to "Use ts file format" I did a search and this has come up before but was never addressed.

Re: JRiver Media Center 30.0.18 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 07:51:53 am »
Recording to JTV format off Channel 4 HD off of a TBS6205, folders are created, .jrts and .cnk files created, but no .jtv files, so does not show up in Recorded TV.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Bozer

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 06:24:16 pm »

This is also happening to me. I have no recordings showing up for the last week. I can find them on the Hard drive but none of them will play. I just changed the recording format per your suggestion Maynard. I am hopeful I can at least watch my missing shows online. Is there a way to retrieve those recordings?

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 07:16:05 pm »

Bozer, If there is a way to retrieve them, I have not found it. Strange thing is I also lost some previously recorded shows that were available before the upgrade. I never found them when I searched my files in my recorded tv folder. Since changing the file format to ts I have been able to record and play back all my subscribed channels.

Bozer

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 07:45:52 pm »

Yes, it is working again. I wonder why older files play that were in jtv format and the one it just recorded in ts plays, but the ones in the folder don't. I am also sure I lost some that are not in the recorded folder. Well thank you for posting the answer I needed tonight!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 10:47:59 am »

Confirmed.  I am sorry about this.  The new time-shifting method for bda devices (OTA ATSC or DVB) does not allow JTV recording.  I intended to automatically switch to TS format during recording, even if user configured JTV, but that does not work correctly.  I will fix it.  In the mean time please continue setting recording format to TS. 

In an upcoming new build, the time-shifting method will be user configurable.  You will be able to choose whether to use the new time-shifting or original time-shifting.  Then you will be able to record in JTV format if you choose to.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2022, 10:52:12 am »

Yes, it is working again. I wonder why older files play that were in jtv format and the one it just recorded in ts plays, but the ones in the folder don't. I am also sure I lost some that are not in the recorded folder. Well thank you for posting the answer I needed tonight!

The files (.jrts and .jrts.cnk files) in the folder are not intended to be played.  These files should have been deleted when time-shifting/recording session is over.  It is another bug that left them un-deleted.

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2022, 04:00:30 pm »

I've just updated to 30.0.40. Should these issues be fixed in this version?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2022, 05:10:42 pm »

Yes.

30.0.36 (11/23/2022)

5. Fixed: The transport stream time-shifting did not clean up buffering files properly when viewing of a TV channel was stopped (.jrts and *.jrts.cnk files were left in folders).
Pages: [1]   Go Up