INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 30 server and Media Center 30 remote freeze ups  (Read 495 times)

stoneycreek100

Media Center 30 server and Media Center 30 remote freeze ups
« on: January 27, 2023, 05:26:40 pm »

I have been a long time user, 6+ versions, and can't figure this one out.

Hardware: I5 13 gen, 32 gb ram win 11, 10 gb network, NAS based library

Since upgrading to ver 30 on win11 workstation as a mediacenter server; my remote pc(s) that have installed ver 30 as clients are having intermitent freezes (10-12 seconds) music continues but the client software stops responding and then responds after 10-12 seconds. It can happen when I drag the right bar down in standard view or if I move too fast through the albums or artists. Music doesn't stop just the front end. Its like a buffer situation but doesn't effect audio.

It is a very LARGE library and it doesn't happen if controlling the server directly; only the client(s). If I re-install ver 29 on the client; no issues what so ever. I've re-installed ver 30 on server, same on client but still have the issue. I've never seen this before on any past versions. Nothing has changed except for versions and a growing library. I'm stumped!

***Just to add - all playback is done to zones on the server; USB DAC or HDMI to Marantz AV10, no local playback on the remotes.

Brian

stoneycreek100

Re: Media Center 30 server and Media Center 30 remote freeze ups
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 05:51:41 pm »

I wish somebody had any ideas about this issue.
As long as I use mediacenter 29 on my remote win11 PC; everything works as it should. When mediacenter30 is installed, it just seems like the standard view scroll bars movement makes it looks like the remote software is buffering for 10-12 seconds. I've even tried to change skins in thinking there's an issue there. I do see that there are differences in the size of the scroll bars when changing from Artist, to Genre, to new views of say Red Book 2, SACD 2...... I'm also curious why there would be inconsistancies in the size of the scroll bars?

I've tested using different hardware on the servers and remotes and still it narrows down to the issue with the mediacenter ver 30 on the remote.
ver 29 works. If anybody at JRiver needs any logs or wants any additional info; let me know. I don't even know how to get in touch with them.

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up