INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Filtering based on cover art attributes  (Read 367 times)

Cooksons

• Recent member
Filtering based on cover art attributes
« on: November 26, 2022, 12:30:51 pm »

Hello,

I have a library containing ~4000 albums where each album has cover art embedded in the tags (works across dsf, flac, m4a, and mp3 files).  I have an older Sonos system where I can play this library throughout the house.

My older Sonos components cannot play files with bit rate > 16 bits or sample rate > 48000 Hz.  They also cannot display cover art with filesize > 300 kb.

I would like to filter my library to identify and correct any tracks with (bit rate <= 16 bits) and (sample rate <= 48000 Hz) and (cover art filesize > 300 kb).

As a bonus, I'd also love to be able to filter my library based on cover art attributes:
  • number of cover art tags in a file
  • image format (e.g. jpg, png)
  • label (e.g. Front Cover)
and search across multiple cover art tags in a file (not just the first tag).

Is some of this possible in Media Center?  Thanks!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Filtering based on cover art attributes
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 07:14:46 pm »

Many of the things you are describing are pretty easy using a Panes view.  I modified my "Cover Art Review" view and took a screen shot to show you.  It is attached here.

Most of the columns you see at the top are just fields from the MC database that I added directly.  Like "bit depth" and "sample rate".  Then I clicked on a value to select it and it narrowed my selection.  As you can see I have multiple values selected for sample rate.  I also have many values selected for Image Height. 

A view like this would probably give you what you want.  I couldn't (easily) figure out how to determine the actual byte size of the image.  Image Height and Image Width are both database fields.  But I don't think image size, in bytes, is available.  So, I cheated and just selected all image heights under about 1100 pixels.  That was kind of a "good guess" as to the dimensions of an embedded image that might satisfy the requirements (under 300kb).  You could experiment a little and probably find a pretty good value for height or width that gets you very close to your target size (in bytes).

Good luck to you.

Brian.

Cooksons

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 12:30:17 pm »

Brian:  Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.  That is a very useful view, and I will have to replicate it.

Do you happen to know if Media Center provides any way to access attributes for multiple cover art tags (i.e. beyond the first)?

Also, can MC read cover art attributes like # cover art tags, image format, and label?  Mp3Tag can read these plus cover art filesize, but only for the first cover art tag.  I'm trying to find a program that can do all of this, but maybe it doesn't exist.

Thank you!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 03:35:42 pm »

I'm not familiar with multiple embedded cover art being supported by MC at all.  It might be, but it would be new to me if it is.  I don't know of any database fields or anything associated with that functionality.

MC does have something called "extras" where it looks for more pictures (and pdfs and things) in the same directory as the music files.  These can be viewed with "view extras".  That might do something you are interested in.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=106819.0

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up