INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot Import after re-install  (Read 1103 times)

MachineHead

Cannot Import after re-install
« on: January 11, 2003, 04:27:05 am »

Uninstalled MC9, or at least I tried. I don't think the uninstaller is working properly. Anyway, installed v8 after I thought 9 was removed (library entries only). Now importing is not working with v8. I keep getting a failed to import message with each attempt. Even tried to reinstall MC from an older version I have saved and that didn't work either.

Any hack to get rid of MC9 tags - library entries - whatever is doing this? I have a feeling this is what is giving me the problems.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cannot Import after re-install
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2003, 05:05:05 am »

Try the latest build of 9.0.  Also do a search here for info on that problem.  There was a post about removing some system files.  "system32" should find it.

MachineHead

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2003, 01:03:19 pm »

Well that did it when I tried the new v9 beta. However I still wanted to use v8 for the time being. It has a problem uninstalling. I tried the sys32 delete with no success.

After much aggrevation (  ;) ) I just gave up and used System Restore from XP. What a great little back up tool this has been. Picked a known stable date and went back to that. Next installed the latest version of v8. Had to, for whatever reason the player display was not showing up in the version I had saved on HD. Anyway all back to normal now.

I think if I ever get a problem with this again I'm just gonna cheat and use XP's restore function. Much quicker and less frustrating.

I hope that the uninstaller errors are addressed soon. This could give users a big problem if switching between versions often.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2003, 02:05:05 pm »

>> XP's restore function.
I turned mine off
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

MachineHead

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2003, 04:55:15 pm »

>> XP's restore function.
I turned mine off

Not me. I don't have a lot of time chasing silly little things down. Easier to pick a restore point and click OK. It saves all current data that has been added and takes only a couple of minutes to complete. Beats 'Just erase blah blah file from blah blah directory'. And everything works again. Including command line for mp3 encoder. This was non-functional in MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up