INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Songs Stopping Before End - DLNA  (Read 621 times)

stewartjallan

• Recent member
Some Songs Stopping Before End - DLNA
« on: December 07, 2022, 08:43:44 am »

Hi - I've only recently been having a problem where some songs that I'm playing over DLNA are stopping before the end, while the same song played through JRiver on my Mac, directly from the hard disc they are on play through fine.  I've identified one which always stops about 13 seconds from the end of a 4:36 long song, and another which always stops 30 seconds before the end of a 6:00 song.  They are reasonably high bitrate (1400 - 1500) but it isn't doing it for other tracks so it might be something related to those particular files.  Is anyone aware of anything which would cause this to happen when playing over DLNA (through two different streaming devices) but show no problems playing directly on my Mac?

Thanks

Stewart

stewartjallan

• Recent member
Re: Some Songs Stopping Before End - DLNA
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 08:55:51 am »

I've just noticed that for the 4:36 long song, if I start playing it through the DLNA streamer and skip into the song, its running time in the main JRiver programme is showing as 4:36 initially but then changes to 4:14 (which is where it gets to before it stops).  In case that helps with any thoughts of cause?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 09:34:51 am »

I've just noticed that for the 4:36 long song, if I start playing it through the DLNA streamer and skip into the song, its running time in the main JRiver programme is showing as 4:36 initially but then changes to 4:14 (which is where it gets to before it stops).  In case that helps with any thoughts of cause?
What build are you using?
There was a problem created by the smooth seekbar changes that created an issue with DLNA transitions.

stewartjallan

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2022, 05:43:57 pm »

Current version is 30.0.25 (Intel) - I can see there's a new Beta version though I haven't tried installing it yet.  Worth a go?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2022, 05:57:17 pm »

Yes.

stewartjallan

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 03:15:07 am »

No luck I'm afraid - I installed 30.0.38 and the songs are cutting off at the same place as before, though interestingly I wasn't getting the displayed runtime changing from the correct one to the shorter one (in line with where it's cutting out) now when I play them.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 08:45:04 am »

What's the file format and what are you playing to?
What are MC's DLNA server settings?

stewartjallan

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2022, 07:54:22 am »

They're .m4a files and the two devices I'm playing to are a Cambridge Audio CXN v1 and a Denon Home 150.  The DLNA settings are Audiophile 24-bit DAC (if that's what you mean - let me know if otherwise).

stewartjallan

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2022, 08:02:56 am »

I seem to have fixed it by running the files through XLD convertor and turning them into AIFF files (same bitrate etc).  I guess I'll just do that whenever I come across a song / album where it won't play to the end.  Still quite strange though.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2022, 01:09:50 pm »

They're .m4a files and the two devices I'm playing to are a Cambridge Audio CXN v1 and a Denon Home 150.  The DLNA settings are Audiophile 24-bit DAC (if that's what you mean - let me know if otherwise).
If you use Original Format with m4a files you should be fine.
You can always do "Specified output format only when necessary" and choose the formats your renderer needs to have converted.

stewartjallan

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2022, 02:59:56 pm »

Thanks, that makes sense. Just glad to be able to listen to the last section of certain songs again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up