INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming Audio Dropouts  (Read 470 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Streaming Audio Dropouts
« on: December 07, 2022, 02:01:07 pm »

I am having issues when streaming from my server to my phone. During songs the audio will drop out briefly. This happens when I am playing to the phone itself or using it to control my wired DLNA renderer. I do not think it happens when playing from my server to HTPC.

I have had the problem ever since changing my server settings to get my Arylic renderer to actually work. I thought it was an issue with the Arylic until I noticed it on my phone too. Unfortunately I do not remember the changes I made.

Does anyone have suggestions of what to try so I can get rid of these dropouts? I'm pretty certain that it isn't the network itself but willing to try anything.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Streaming Audio Dropouts
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 02:23:17 pm »

It could be bandwidth available.  It could also be the phone having trouble playing the file type.

If you're using MC as a DLNA server, you can set it to convert to a lower bitrate format.

rec head

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 07:52:54 am »

Thanks, I have set the server to convert when necessary to high bitrate MP3. I opened Jremote2 and it says it is still playing 44.1/16 FLAC. I'm playing to the phone right now and not getting dropouts so this is weird. The phone is a Pixel 6.

I haven't tried using the DLNA device yet.

As far as network bandwidth, I can play video to the phone without issue. Both the renderer and server are wired.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2022, 07:55:20 am »

You're just using Library Server then, not DLNA.  Right?   The conversion settings are in different places.

rec head

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2022, 01:35:46 pm »

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.

I use my phone to connect to my MC library. I'm not using an MC DLNA server.

My devices are setup like this:
MC 30 Windows Server -> Pixel 6 -> Arylic Up2stream as a DLNA renderer.

This morning I had a chance to stream to the Arylic DLNA renderer and listen to some music. I started off using MO4 and got a dropout very quickly. I closed it and tried JRemote. I don't think I got any dropouts. They are obvious but I wasn't in the room the whole time. This may be an MO4 settings issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up