INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IOS 3.37 beta immediate crash/ IOS JRemote 3.36 not reinstallable from App store  (Read 806 times)

Cinelder

• World Citizen

Today after receiving a TestFlight notification, I downloaded and tried to install the latest IOS 3.37 (414) build of JRemote.  When installed, 3.37 beta immediately crashes, won't open, and is unusable. 

It got worse.  When I tried to reinstall IOS 3.36 from the App store, the app loads, but is not configurable to add servers.  This makes it currently unusable. 

Attached is a screencap of what comes up on opening the 3.36 app after reinstalling from IOS app store.

Please advise.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Did you try restarting your phone?

Cinelder

• World Citizen

Did you try restarting your phone?

Yes, several times.  (The device I am trying to reinstall is an IPad (IOS 15.7.1).  I've also tried deleting and reinstalling several times.   Same result. 

JRemote 3.36 continues to work fine on my other IOS devices. 

JimH

• Administrator

Uninstall, reinstall?

Cinelder

• World Citizen

Uninstall, reinstall?

Thanks, but as I said above, I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times (using 'deleting this app will delete its data' setting).  Does not work.  (BTW, M0 4Media is also installed on the same IOS device and continues to work normally using the same server settings I was previously able to configure without any trouble  in JRemote 3.36)

JimH

• Administrator

Cinelder

• World Citizen

Latest iOS?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222

I have iPadOS 15.7.1 - Apple indicate as of today that this is the latest available IOS update for my iPad.  It is also the same IOS version that runs on two other iPads I have with JRemote installed - they both continue to work fine.

POSTSCRIPT - just checked again - I now have an upgrade to iPadOS 16 option  (iPadOS 16.1.1) .  I will install and report back if it makes any difference

bob

• Administrator

I just uploaded a new beta build 415. Please try that.
It seems like there might be something broken in the newest Visual Studio/Xcode combo, 414 worked on some of my devices and not others so I backed off to the previous versions.

bob

• Administrator

Also, 3.36 is likely working but the old theme doesn't have enough contrast with the dark iOS themes to see the gear in the upper left corner.

Cinelder

• World Citizen

Also, 3.36 is likely working but the old theme doesn't have enough contrast with the dark iOS themes to see the gear in the upper left corner.

Yes.  After reinstalling and launching 3.36 again I was able to stab my finger around the top left hand corner until I hit the hidden gear.  I was then able to add a server and manually change the theme back to light.  However, it didn't seem to make any difference.  As can be seen in the attached screencap, the configuration options (like the gear, behavior of play button) are still not visible.  The app does shows the Theme is now set to "Light".  The Ipad has been updated to and now running iPadOS 16.1.1.

Cinelder

• World Citizen

I just uploaded a new beta build 415. Please try that.
It seems like there might be something broken in the newest Visual Studio/Xcode combo, 414 worked on some of my devices and not others so I backed off to the previous versions.

First thanks to you and Jim for the quick responses. 

Yes, 3.37 (415) beta does install and launches normally now.  There's still the bug in 3.37 (415) where selecting the circled "i" in playlist immediately switches the track to playing now instead of displaying its metadata.

Pages: [1]   Go Up