INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Your license file is not valid for Media Center"  (Read 478 times)

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
"Your license file is not valid for Media Center"
« on: December 19, 2022, 09:54:14 am »

I haven't upgraded to a new version for a while, but I have used JRiver Media Center for years.

Now when trying to open MC the message comes up "The trial period has expired". So I tried to Restore License and it says "Your license file is not valid for Media Center. Do you want to purchase an upgrade?"

I don't remember what version I had. Is there a time limit for using MC without upgrading to a newer version?
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
Re: "Your license file is not valid for Media Center"
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 10:14:59 am »

There is no time limit that I am aware of but you do need to have the right license for your version.
If you go to the restore page https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi you can download a file with your license, double click on the file to register it (assuming you are using Windows).  The file name includes the JRiver version number, so check that it matches the version you have installed.

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 10:42:44 am »

There is no time limit that I am aware of but you do need to have the right license for your version.
If you go to the restore page https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi you can download a file with your license, double click on the file to register it (assuming you are using Windows).  The file name includes the JRiver version number, so check that it matches the version you have installed.

I believe it is resolved now. I was using the registration code for an earlier version I had.

So on the License Restore Page I entered my email to have it emailed to me, and that showed all the versions I had and I then used the newest registration code I had. And that let me open MC.

Thanks.
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 10:47:45 am »

I believe it is resolved now. I was using the registration code for an earlier version I had.

So on the License Restore Page I entered my email to have it emailed to me, and that showed all the versions I had and I then used the newest registration code I had. And that let me open MC.

Thanks.
Glad it's sorted
Pages: [1]   Go Up