INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recorded tv sent to wrong folder  (Read 1157 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
Recorded tv sent to wrong folder
« on: December 30, 2022, 05:12:41 pm »

Hi all, I'm having a strange issue when I start recording a tv show that I am currently watching. The show ends up in with my movies listings instead of recorded TV shows. If I do a scheduled recording it goes into the recorded tv folder. Any suggestions on what I may have configured wrong in my setup?
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Recorded tv sent to wrong folder
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 08:37:44 am »

Look at:
1. Tools>Options>Television>Folder for recording and timeshifting
2. Tools>Options>Television>Specify second location for recording and timeshifting
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 07:36:22 am »

That is the first place I looked. I only have a primary folder for recorded and time shifting.
What I have found out it that if I record a regular TV showor series, it is sent to me recorded TV folder but if it is a TV movie it is sent to the movies files folder.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 05:09:34 pm »

TV recordings will go into the folder(s) specified in the options as mentioned by tzr916.  I am not sure if folder location is what you meant, but from your post, it sounds like you are talking about different "listings" - "Movies" and "Shows" (in Theater View).  The listing in which the recording appears depends on whether the show is a movie or not.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 09:40:44 pm »

I only have one folder specified in options for recorded TV either TV Shows or Movies that are recorded OTA. That is what is so confusing to me. Is there a way to keep media center from tagging the recorded TV and let me tag as I see fit. I would rather have all recorded TV in one folder. Just easier for the wife to use. We normally delete most recorded TV after viewing. Maybe I will have to just live with it. Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 02:10:24 am »

You shouldn't need to know what folder the video is in.  MC handles that.

Try using Theater View if you haven't.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2023, 08:00:21 am »

"Tools>Options>Television>Folder for recording" is not related to the "Media Sub Type" that gets assigned based on whether the recording is a "Tv Show" or a "Movie". Then MC displays/sorts all Videos into those various "Media Sub Types".

While making a recording rule, you can change the "Media Sub Type" to "Tv Show" or "Movie" using the "Apply these Tags" in the recording options (see screenshot). Or after the recording is finished by tagging.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2023, 02:59:16 pm »

I only have one folder specified in options for recorded TV either TV Shows or Movies that are recorded OTA.

Then all recordings will be found in that folder (in Windows Explorer).  It appears that you were not referring to this location when you used the word "location".

I would rather have all recorded TV in one folder.

Here, by the word "folder", I think just like the word "location" you used, you mean where you find the recorded show in Theater View.

tzr916's last post is a good suggestion.  You can tag every recording in the recording rule.  By making Media Sub Type "TV Show", you will find them all under "Shows" in Theater View.

I am going to provide an alternative solution here too.  This solution is useful if you also want to keep the "Movie" Media Sub Type as tagged by Media Center.  Here is what you can do:

You can customize Theater View by creating a new Library Item.  Here are the steps:

1. Tools > Options
2. Click Theater View in the left pane
3. Click Video in "Items To Show" box
4. Click Add... button to the right of "Items to show" box, and choose "Library Item" to add
5. Change the name in the Name: box if you want to
6. (Optional) The item just created may be under Video, as a subitem of Video (which is what I prefer), or it is an item outside of Video (not a subitem of video).  You can leave it at either place or move it around
7. Click "Set rules for file display..." button
8. In the resulting dialog window, choose "Custom" from the first drop-down box of the new rule that is already there, and type the following into the edit box next to it:
Code: [Select]
[=tvinfo(IsRecordedProgram)]=[1]9. Under Modify Results, there is already an empty modifier (if not, just click "Add New Modifier").  Choose "Sort by" from the drop-down list.  Click Add..., and choose "Decending (Z to A)" and then "Date Imported".
10. Click OK. 

Now you have your new TV recordings view in Theater View.  See attached screenshot that shows what I described above, visually.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2023, 06:40:11 pm »

Yaobing, thank you. I will try this when I get a chance. I myself do not have an issue but the wife would rather not have to search in different areas for her recorded tv. Thanks again. I will let you know how it works for her.
Pages: [1]   Go Up