INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to stream MC home network libraries from Android remotely  (Read 930 times)

spaterno12

• Recent member
How to stream MC home network libraries from Android remotely
« on: December 31, 2022, 12:53:02 pm »

I'm running MC30 on my home PCs all connected via DLNA media server (also using JRemote for Android).  I'd like to be able to access and stream the home music libraries remotely via android without needing to copy the physical music library to the phone.  It sounds like the MC Android app is needed which is not the same as my windows MC30 license.  Is there a tutorial or link available that explains how to set this up?  I see there was another post requesting this as well, but I didn't see a response.  Any guidance would be much appreciated. 

thank you!
Shawn

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to stream MC home network libraries from Android remotely
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 03:39:03 am »

Any of the remotes can connect to MC's Library Server over the Internet.  The wiki has topics.  Start at Media Network.  Also read Network Access.

It's mostly the same as connecting on a LAN, but your home network needs to allow access from the Internet and your router needs to forward packets on the port you use (usually 52199).

olhachycher

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 06:26:17 am »

To stream your home music libraries remotely using an Android device, you will need to use a DLNA-compatible media server and an app that can access it. One such app is BubbleUPnP, which allows you to access and stream media from a DLNA server on your home network. You can also use JRemote for Android, which is a remote control for JRiver Media Center.

You can refer to the following steps to set up this functionality:

Install bubbleUPnP or JRemote on your Android device.
Make sure that your home PCs running Media Center 30 are connected to the same network as your Android device.
Configure your DLNA media server to share your music libraries.
Open the app on your Android device, and use the app's settings to connect to your DLNA server.
Once connected, you should be able to browse and play your music libraries remotely.
Note that you might need to pay for the Android app version of Media Center to access the music libraries remotely.
Also, it's recommended to make sure the network you are connected to is secure and encrypted to avoid any security breaches.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 10:48:42 am »

@olhachycher you missed out a vital step.

As Jim said, you need to configure your home router to port forward the port you use on your home computer for MC access to the outside world of the internet.

You then also have to point your Android app to your router's outside IP address.
Pages: [1]   Go Up