INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple TV Box - Recommendations for App to access MC?  (Read 1084 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Apple TV Box - Recommendations for App to access MC?
« on: January 08, 2023, 06:30:52 pm »

Apple NooB here.  I know there is no MC Client (??) for the Apple TV Box, so what's the next best thing if I want to be able to browse and play Video content from a MC Server?
JRiver CEO Elect

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Apple TV Box - Recommendations for App to access MC?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 05:08:03 am »

I had Apple TV for a certain time. I had also infuse as a player (wanted to know how it works). In the final end I did not saw the value of Apple TV compared to my Smart TV, one device more and the SQ was not the same as playing an mkv through my MC based renderer with USB Audio. I gave my ATV as a gift to one of my nephews.
The VLC player can also act as a  DLNA client as far as I know and has an Apple TV implementation - but I have never tested it.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

olhachycher

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 06:43:27 am »

If you're looking to access a Media Center (MC) server on your Apple TV box, one option would be to use a third-party app such as Kodi or Plex. Both of these apps are available on the App Store and can be used to connect to your MC server and stream your media content to your Apple TV.
You could also use a streaming device such as a Fire TV stick or Chromecast to stream the media center to your TV.

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 08:51:18 am »

If you have a mac, you can use Remote Buddy. Put MC into theater mode and you’ll be able to use the Apple TV remote to click through the menus. You have to have Remote Buddy running on your mac, and the Remote Buddy tvOS app running and connected.

I have my audio coming over to my Denon AVR via toslink, so I’m not bringing audio through the Apple TV… though I think it’s possible through the Remote Buddy app.
Pages: [1]   Go Up