INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rendering Output  (Read 449 times)

mplicit

• Junior Woodchuck
Rendering Output
« on: February 04, 2023, 03:03:42 pm »

When I use Panel remotely (outside my network using port forwarding) I can only see the output list attached to my network at home and my device (Play Here) where Panel is running from.
Is there a way I can see the output list of the devices connected to the network where I am (e.g. My friend's house)?
I just want to listen to my music library on the network speakers where I am).
Thank you for your help.
M

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Rendering Output
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 03:10:20 pm »

Maybe, if the speakers support DLNA / UPnP.  Take a look at the manufacturer's specifications.

Also maybe with Bluetooth.

mplicit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 03:35:10 pm »

Thank you for your answer.
The speakers are KEF wired to the network. I don't think they accept DLNA/UPNP or for that matter Bluetooth. Also if I were to give  the access key to a friend to access my library I don't want him to see and even worse to use my speakers connected to my local network at home.
Is there a way to amend jriver2 to look for output devices attached to the local network where jremote2 is run from?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 03:48:22 pm »

At least some of the KEF speakers support UPnP / DLNA.  If your device is on the network, you may be able to see the speakers as DLNA renderers.

mplicit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 06:23:36 pm »

Yes you're right the KEF speakers have DLNA.
And they are on the same network as my iphone where I run JRiver Panel remotely (outside my home nework) to access my music library at home.
I cannot see them in JRiver Panel. What should I do to connect to KEF speakers using DLNA?
Pages: [1]   Go Up