INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'What is best way to create compilation albums from existing library files?  (Read 596 times)

Bigguy49

• World Citizen

Have been trying to create compilation albums by copying tracks from various folders in my library as well as some from outside my own library, e.g., downloads, into a new folder.

I then edit the track names to the format NAME [ARTIST] as desired.

When this compilation folder is imported into JRMC29 what I get is as many folders in MC as there are distinct source albums.  If the source album is part of my library, the folder shows as having opened with 2 tracks having the same track name...one track being the original, the second being the one in my compilation folder that was edited to the NAME[ARTIST] format.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.

You need to change the album artist and album on all your copied files as well as sequencing the track numbers.  After that you can use Rename, Move, and Copy to line them all up together in your folders. 

Make sure they are copied and not the original.  That should do it.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

For context regarding this please see this thread https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,134979.0.html.
The issues regarding track and album naming have already been addressed in that thread.

" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Notify

Bigguy49

• World Citizen

...and we have another winner!  Interestingly VPN does NOT affect other email senders...to best of my knowledge.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

We have no idea if you're using a VPN, so somewhere after we send, it's being diverted or held.

Bigguy49

• World Citizen

We have no idea if you're using a VPN, so somewhere after we send, it's being diverted or held.

Understood! 

Will consult with Express VPN to see if there is way to unblock MEDIA CENTER mail.

Will continue to check site every 1-2 days for replies to my active threads.
Pages: [1]   Go Up