INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play local content stored on android phone.  (Read 1245 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
Play local content stored on android phone.
« on: February 14, 2023, 02:36:49 pm »

I have searched and have not been able to find any info on using JRiver for android as a music player to play content stored on an SD card on my phone. I would like to use it when I am driving and use android auto on my car radio. I can make it work playing content on my server, but I do not want to use phone data to stream it to my car. Is this possible?
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Play local content stored on android phone.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 02:41:18 pm »

I have searched and have not been able to find any info on using JRiver for android as a music player to play content stored on an SD card on my phone. I would like to use it when I am driving and use android auto on my car radio. I can make it work playing content on my server, but I do not want to use phone data to stream it to my car. Is this possible?
You can sync to it as a handheld.  The wiki has a topic.

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 03:01:14 pm »

MO4Media works with Android Auto and has an offline mode. You can download content from your library to your phone and play it in the car without a data connection.

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 07:20:37 am »

Thanks guys, I checked the wiki and looked into MO4Media also. I would like to use JRiver so I will pursue it first. Is there any way to set up JRiver for android to only show audio files? It does not seem to have many options when setting it up, I may just not be seeing them as I am not real familiar with it yet. I have to do more research.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Pages: [1]   Go Up