INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play just one track and stop?  (Read 906 times)

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
Play just one track and stop?
« on: February 19, 2023, 06:51:27 am »

Is it possible to configure the audio player to play just one track and stop, not automatically advance to the next?

I've got a number of audio tracks that need to be reviewed, and some are very short (like under 5 seconds).  When I look at them using a Audio->Files->path-to-files viewer and play one, the player then continues playing, one after another.   I'd like it to just stop after completing playback of a track.  I've looked through the settings and didn't see a clear way to do this.  I'm looking to tag these tracks and MC's metadata handling makes this pretty easy.  Other tagging tools typically use an external player, which introduces other complications.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Play just one track and stop?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 07:18:29 am »

Maybe Player > Repeat > Stop After Each Item.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2023, 07:30:38 am »

Maybe Player > Repeat > Stop After Each Item.
Have you tried that? 

Seems to work for one, but doesn't stay that way.  Go to a list of tracks that are of a few seconds in length.  Pull down the Player menu, select More Stop->Stop after X tracks and enter 1.  Now double-click a track in the list.  It'll play just that one.  Now double-click another track.

It goes back to playing mutiples.

And when I go check the 'Stop after x tracks' it no longer has my entered value of 1, but has gone back to the (default of) 5? 

Is there a setting elsewhere that can change the default from 5 to just 1?

I'm using version 29.0.87 on Windows 10 Pro.

As a side note, using ... on a menu entry is the typical way to indicate that a dialog box is going to come up and ask for more info.  Using "(it asks)" seems sort of strange.  I mean, it's accurate but a little odd, from a UI standpoint.

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2023, 07:34:19 am »

I also confirmed that using the Play button exhibits the same behavior as double-clicking a track (in case there was a UI difference in how the playing was triggered).  That is, the first one sticks to the 1 stop count.  But any subsequent playing automatically switches back to playing continuously until the list ends (not just the 5 count).

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 07:59:06 am »

I don’t know if this will help, but stumbled on this post:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,106632.0.html

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2023, 08:18:29 am »

I don’t know if this will help, but stumbled on this post: url=https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,106632.0.html]https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,106632.0.html[/url]
It's kind of relevant, in that the OP was/is running into the same problems.

Tangentially, are the config changes made to things like the double-click behavior contained in the currently active library?  Or at they per-user configs?

I do have all these tracks in a separate library but I'd hate to have config changes for just this library be something I have to untangle manually before switching back to other libraries.

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2023, 08:25:23 am »

Would this not meet your need? Or maybe I am misunderstanding (from that thread):

“Yes, that does it: Rght-click playing track > More Play Options > Play does a single-play. Thank you for identifying this rather-well-hidden option.”
Pages: [1]   Go Up