INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mini Panel applet (Mac only)  (Read 855 times)

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
mini Panel applet (Mac only)
« on: February 24, 2023, 04:09:19 pm »

Attached is a rough draft of a little applet that runs Panel in its own browser, so you can run it independent of your regular browser. It can be resized quite small and float above other windows. You can make it so small as to only show the current tune, or stretch it vertically as you like. I tried to keep the header and footer small but still usable. I used "Fluid" to package it, and none of the CSS used in the app will interfere with your normal MC Panel.

What I'm wondering is:

-if it works ok for you on your Mac
-if there's any interest for me to keep posting updates as I go along

I still have a lot of cleanup to do, but feel free to post any comments, requests, etc.

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
Re: mini Panel applet
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 05:13:55 pm »

Jim I see this is moved to Windows > Third Party etc. so I just want to be sure that everyone understands that it is Mac-only, thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: mini Panel applet (Mac only)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 05:20:34 pm »

This is the board for third party software.  Many products / projects here run on more than one OS.

Panel should run in any browser on any OS.  I admit that I don't understand what you've done.

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
Re: mini Panel applet (Mac only)
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 05:25:31 pm »

There are apps on both platforms that will allow you to point to a url and package it with a browser so you have an "app" that is actually just a browser instance but it provides some app-like advantages. I'm sure someone could do the same on Windows... I would be happy to but I don't have a Windows box.

Anyway, it's just a way to run Panel on its own, and I hope it's helpful to some.
Pages: [1]   Go Up