INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon Prime [outside U.S.]  (Read 1432 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Amazon Prime [outside U.S.]
« on: March 03, 2023, 01:52:51 pm »

So, the build 71 thread got locked whilst I was typing...

Well, that didn't go so well...

First, I think we need to be able to tell which Amazon. Amazon.com is no good to me, I need Amazon.co.uk.

Next, Amazon.com let me in using my .co.uk credentials, and landed me on the home page, and warned me that changing my payments from USD to GPB might not be available to me for some purchases.

Where's my Prime Video? Nowhere to be found. Worse, the web page is full screen. How to get out? I pressed escape, which gave me the attached.

I couldn't get out. I used Win+D for the desktop, closed MC via the taskbar tooltip, relaunched MC, removed Prime from theater view, closed MC again, and now, on relaunch, I'm back where I started. With no Prime Video :)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: Amazon Prime
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 02:26:10 pm »

Sorry, this is in its early stages so some kinks to work out.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 09:03:20 am »

First, I think we need to be able to tell which Amazon. Amazon.com is no good to me, I need Amazon.co.uk.

Can you please post a screen shot of after you navigate to https://amazon.co.uk/primevideo in your normal browser when you are logged in?  Thanks.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 12:53:15 pm »

Attached. Does that help? Let me know if you need more...

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 03:26:03 pm »

Yes, that helps.  Thanks.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 12:38:20 pm »

Please try build 74 when it is available.  I added a country/region setting so it should go to the proper URL.  Also, the history is still kind of funky when logging in.  If you get stuck not being able to exit Theater View, do an ALT+F4 to close.  Then close and restart MC to clear the history.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023, 12:22:31 am »

I'm not an Amzon Prime subscriber, so I've only tried the trailers.

The videos are only transmitted in SD and a warning tells me that it cannot transmit in HD as my hardware and my HDMI cable do not support it. It seems strange to me as I have an Rtx 3060 and an HDMI 2.1 cable with which I can easily watch my UHD movies: does it perhaps depend on the fact that I use a projector instead of a TV?

If I have understood correctly, launching Amazon Video via JRiver does not take advantage of the engine of the latter, i.e. it is the same thing as launching Amazon Video from a browser, so I wonder: apart from the convenience, what is the advantage of to open Amazon Video from JRiver rather than a browser?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2023, 09:33:27 am »

If I have understood correctly, launching Amazon Video via JRiver does not take advantage of the engine of the latter, i.e. it is the same thing as launching Amazon Video from a browser, so I wonder: apart from the convenience, what is the advantage of to open Amazon Video from JRiver rather than a browser?

The advantage for some users will be simple remote/keyboard control like the rest of Theater View.

By the way, did you use the Italy country/region setting and did it work properly?  Thanks.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2023, 09:57:30 am »

Yes, I was able to correctly set the country Italy. Except that sometimes it asks me for my credentials and after entering them the purchase page appears: probably noting that I don't have Prime, it doesn't go back to the Prime Video page.

From the purchase page I can't exit anymore, and the only way is to end the program from Activity Management.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2023, 11:07:55 am »

Were you able to try the new country/region setting in the Theater View item configuration?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2023, 11:21:51 am »

The weekend is here... Bottle of red is open... I'll let you know soon...

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2023, 11:45:15 am »

... Bottle of red is open...

Italian red? ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2023, 11:46:58 am »

The weekend is here... Bottle of red is open... I'll let you know soon...
Please provide details.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2023, 11:52:53 am »

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2023, 12:19:29 pm »

More often than not, it's Aussie, McLaren Vale, but tonight, it is indeed, French :) Cheers.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2023, 12:27:32 pm »

That's the important stuff out of the way...

Waddayaknow... It [Amazon Prime] is pretty good.

Got logged in to .co.uk on the HTPC, put the mouse and keyboard away and had a go. First thing I noticed is the "down" on the remote is going down twice per hit. Got the keyboard back out just in case the remote was double firing, but no, press "down" once, and the blue highlight on screen goes down twice.

Other than that, so far so good. Will try and do more indepth testing across the weekend and see if I can break it. My only concern is, how long will the login cookie last, cause logging in is a right royal PIA. Have to drop a text file from the server to the HTPC desktop with the password. Open it on the HTPC and copy it, paste it into the WebView login page. The password is a rather long and complex affair auto-generated by my password manager. We shall see and I'll let you know about that too.

Great work on this, especially the location awareness. I raise my glass to you all :)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2023, 12:29:54 pm »

Thanks.  Craig deserves all the credit.

Channel up and down should go up and down faster.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Amazon Prime [outside U.S.]
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2023, 12:33:31 pm »

I'll try that, but, my observation here was, that...

If you want to move down to the next row down, so, you press "Down", once, it skips the next row down and lands on the one beneath the one you want...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2023, 12:45:34 pm »

Yes.  I understood that.  Different from Amazon.com here, I believe.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2023, 06:03:00 pm »

If you want to move down to the next row down, so, you press "Down", once, it skips the next row down and lands on the one beneath the one you want...

Some "rows" have 2 items stacked on top of each other which is not handled yet (if that is what you are seeing).

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2023, 06:20:12 pm »

After a 2-year absence I return to find some real nice improvements in MC. Thanks!

Trying to get Prime Video in Theater View working properly here in Canada and having some difficulties. We are Prime members and often watch Prime Video on other than MC.

1. After clicking on Prime Video in Theater View it took me to the Amazon website where I had to use a mouse to get to their regular sign in page. The second time I went to Theater View Prime I still needed to use a mouse and go to the Amazon page, but it still had me signed in. Each time I had to go to Accounts & Lists then down to select Your Prime Video.

2. Once on the Theater View display of their movie's things seemed to mostly work well. It's a nice display - thanks Craig!

3. To adjust volume I had to use the mouse as volume on the remote had no affect.

4. Sound was only in 2 channel, thus my center speaker was silent. My Center works fine in Theater View Audio.

Thanks again for all the effort to make this available. :)

Cheers, Rod

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2023, 06:24:13 pm »

Hi Rod!  I've been wondering where you were.

You might be our first Prime user in Canada.  Keep us informed and we'll get it going for you.

Try using MC's WDM driver.  You should get sound.

Make sure you have Tools > Options > Tree & View > Browser set to Edge.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2023, 11:21:31 am »

Trying to get Prime Video in Theater View working properly here in Canada and having some difficulties.

Hi, Rod. 

Only 2-channel is expected since it uses the browser player which does not seem to support surround sound for Prime Video.

Up/down directional arrows will change the volume.

Please try the next build (81) to hopefully fix the initial navigation URL.  You need to switch to another region and back again or remove and re-add the Prime Video item.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2023, 03:20:38 pm »

Only 2-channel is expected since it uses the browser player which does not seem to support surround sound for Prime Video.
If you use WDM, you should be able to use JRiver's DSP Studio to create surround sound from stereo.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2023, 04:14:09 pm »

Hi Rod!  I've been wondering where you were.

You might be our first Prime user in Canada.  Keep us informed and we'll get it going for you.

Try using MC's WDM driver.  You should get sound.

Make sure you have Tools > Options > Tree & View > Browser set to Edge.

Hi Jim - Thanks for the prompt response. We've been doing a bunch of house reno the last couple of years and the home theater stuff was shut down.

I do have the MC browser set to Edge.

I'm having some weirdness in trying to get WDM going. For now I wont explain the issues because I need to try to make more sense out of some of the settings. If I get really stuck I'll post what's happening. For now I just wanted to reply to your and Craigs posts.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2023, 04:24:51 pm »

Hi, Rod. 

Up/down directional arrows will change the volume.

Please try the next build (81) to hopefully fix the initial navigation URL.  You need to switch to another region and back again or remove and re-add the Prime Video item.

Thanks.

Hi Craig - At one point today I did have the Center working but then the volume was way down. I don't understand why Surround should not work. I thought that all sound was routed through the DSP Studio. Between its Room Correction and Parametric Equalizer I believe its where the Pseudo Surround is created.

Thanks for mentioning Up/Down for the Voume. Thant works fine.

I'll be looking forward to build 81 to make sign in much simpler! :)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2023, 04:31:05 pm »

If you use WDM, you should be able to use JRiver's DSP Studio to create surround sound from stereo.

Thanks Jim - I have had DSP set that way and it works fine for Music, etc. In fact VERY well! My Center is new and it sure fills the hole between my two corner Klipschhorns on a 19' wall. Big improvement.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2023, 05:04:39 pm »

I now have Prime Video and WDM working but have a long delay in audio - about 1/2 to 1 second. Have adjusted the Input & Output buffer settings as outlined in the WDM Wiki. Have tried many combinations but no joy. One time it even made the volume lower for some strange reason.

My HTPC is old. It has an Athlon II CPU & GTX 960 GPU so wondering if the PC could be at least part of the problem. I have a fair bit of stuff in DSP studio. My 3 speakers each have active crossovers. Not using Convolution though.

Any suggestion how to narrow this problem down would sure be appreciated.

Thanks, Rod

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2023, 02:18:57 am »

Could you add the Japan region to prime too please.
I can test and feedback on if layout etc is different.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2023, 10:35:43 am »

Could you add the Japan region to prime too please.

Build 84 will have Japan as an option.  Thanks.

Manjesh Pai

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2023, 02:16:21 pm »

I now have Prime Video and WDM working but have a long delay in audio - about 1/2 to 1 second. Have adjusted the Input & Output buffer settings as outlined in the WDM Wiki. Have tried many combinations but no joy. One time it even made the volume lower for some strange reason.

My HTPC is old. It has an Athlon II CPU & GTX 960 GPU so wondering if the PC could be at least part of the problem. I have a fair bit of stuff in DSP studio. My 3 speakers each have active crossovers. Not using Convolution though.

Any suggestion how to narrow this problem down would sure be appreciated.

Thanks, Rod

Have tried with lower latency values?
Pages: [1]   Go Up