INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add remote commands for Record TV and Guide  (Read 371 times)

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
Add remote commands for Record TV and Guide
« on: March 16, 2023, 07:12:43 am »

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

I know how to configure and add remote commands but I cannot see available commands to add to start recording TV or to access the Theater View TV guide.

Is there any way to get these mapped so I can use these functions from the dedicated buttons on my MCE remote?

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Add remote commands for Record TV and Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 08:55:08 am »

Please explain, exactly what remote do you have? If you have an MCE Remote (or a clone, or a harmony, or flirc, etc), there is no need to configure or add anything in JRiver. These remotes should already have the record and guide buttons that just work in theater view.

In the attached photo, the "RECORD" button is the round red button in the top left. And the "GUIDE" button is the gray rounded rectangle button below the large black "MUTE" button in the center.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 08:58:36 am »

Hi @tzr916,

Yes I am using a genuine MCE remote with a flirc as the receiver.

The guide and back buttons do work as I have tested them with an old MCE machine, but I can't get them to work in MC.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 09:12:18 am »

I know others here swear by flirc... but I tried for three days to get it working with my Harmony and gave up. I found that many default buttons just would not work as expected with JRiver, especially the "Green" button. So I went back to using my old RC6/ehome usb receiver.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 09:22:48 am »

Ah ok, glad it's not just me then.

Using the MCE remote and ehome receiver, MC works as expected.

Using it with Flirc, I just have issues I can't get past. I have also purchased Flirc's new remote, the Skip 1s, and although the handset is sleek, the software really doesn't seem to be release ready, and even fewer buttons work using that combination.

I have previously used a lot Flircs on media machines I have setup for customers, but these were purely to pass through custom keystrokes to run bespoke software that could not be launched any other way. I had no issues with getting this to work.

I have no idea how people are getting it to work for them as a standard RC setup for MC or MCE - the built in profiles don't seem to work and programming it doesn't work for many of the keys.

They also seem to have some issue with their database at the moment. Adding in remotes for Kodi (I've been experimenting trying to get any remote to work!) actually brings in commands for airflow and fan speed from an A/C unit. They have confirmed this issue, so I know it's not me!

eve

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 09:37:46 am »

Ah ok, glad it's not just me then.

Using the MCE remote and ehome receiver, MC works as expected.

Using it with Flirc, I just have issues I can't get past. I have also purchased Flirc's new remote, the Skip 1s, and although the handset is sleek, the software really doesn't seem to be release ready, and even fewer buttons work using that combination.

I have previously used a lot Flircs on media machines I have setup for customers, but these were purely to pass through custom keystrokes to run bespoke software that could not be launched any other way. I had no issues with getting this to work.

I have no idea how people are getting it to work for them as a standard RC setup for MC or MCE - the built in profiles don't seem to work and programming it doesn't work for many of the keys.

They also seem to have some issue with their database at the moment. Adding in remotes for Kodi (I've been experimenting trying to get any remote to work!) actually brings in commands for airflow and fan speed from an A/C unit. They have confirmed this issue, so I know it's not me!

I use FLIRC with a generic aluminum remote. It works great. On the system with FLIRC connected, each hotkey triggers an http request (you could do this with mqtt too), it goes to one of my servers, server sends out an HTTP request (or whatever) to control whatever software is currently active (it's just contextual based upon the 'activity' info I have scripted to work with my various software and systems).
Essentially, I'm 'proxying' the commands. It's very stable and reliable and target software / hardware agnostic.

You could rig something like this up in NodeRed in like 30 seconds (just use Autohotkey on the source machine to make the initial http requests if you're lazy)

Code: [Select]
^!F2::
url := "http://yourweb.server/ir-remote/play"
response := ""
whr := ComObjCreate("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1")

whr.Open("GET", url)
whr.Send()

return
Pages: [1]   Go Up