INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu Ray: set zoom level  (Read 344 times)

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck
Blu Ray: set zoom level
« on: March 20, 2023, 01:49:11 am »

Hello,

I see I can adjust the zoom level of the BD I’m watching.  50% is “fill window” and I can adjust in 1% increments.

How can I set a preset for, say, 40%, or anything I specify?  I tried with MCC commands but they didn’t appear to have an effect on the window.

Thanks.

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Blu Ray: set zoom level
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 02:07:05 am »

Ok, I found MCC 28038 - but no matter what parameter I use I end up with a tiny microscopic window in the upper left corner. 

Even sending MCC 28038,100 doesn’t restore it.  I must right click and use “fit to window” to snap it back. 

Am I using incorrect syntax?  I’d like to set a 40% zoom level.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 07:04:09 am »

You can use a mouse scroll wheel to zoom in.  You may also be able to type just a number on a keyboard to zoom.

I'm not sure if the renderer you use makes a difference.  Try setting video to JRVR.

I suppose you've been here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DevZone

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 09:34:39 pm »

Both using JRVR and MadVR, I can zoom using the up arrow menu (then left/right arrows to set a zoom %).

But pressing numbers on the keyboard does nothing.  Also the scroll wheel does nothing.

Even if one of those worked, I am looking for a way to toggle between 100% and 40% quickly. I use some other MCC commands successfully but as I said the 28038 command seems to shrink the window down to a tiny little window in the upper left corner no matter what parameter I use.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 09:45:08 pm »

Zones and ZoneSwitch?

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 10:35:04 pm »

How can I set a specific zoom level for a second zone?

Seems 28038 should do what I need but it’s either a broken function or it’s dependent on some other setting I’m unaware of.

I found the thread where this function appears to have been founded, but I can’t find details  about anyone having success with it. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102643.0

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2023, 09:10:18 am »

MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_VIDEO_ZOOM (28038) seems to work just fine for me.

Note that this setting is zoom relative to the window, and not relative to the video. So 100% will always fill the window. This is how zoom is handled under the hood - but not the same as the OSD shows you.
A value of 200% will act like the video window is twice as big, making the video half the size. And a value of 50% acts like the window is much smaller, making the video bigger. This is another reference to how one might be used to zoom, but it zooms the window, not the video.

While a video is playing, I just run this on the command line to test:
MC30 /MCC 28038,100
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2023, 03:34:27 pm »

Thank you so much for confirming yours works. It prompted me to try another method and, in fact, it does work. 

I was confusing the zoom level.  “150” is the same as “50%” in the OSD.

And, for some reason the command inside an AHK script results in all zoom levels to be a tiny window at the upper left edge of the screen. When I place it in a batch file it works as expected. 

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up