INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing to iPhone  (Read 489 times)

sgardell

Syncing to iPhone
« on: March 23, 2023, 06:49:16 pm »

I am relatively new to MC. I had previously used iTunes for playing music to an analog-attached sound system from a PC and for iphone synchronization. I moved to MC for the streaming media server functionality and what is generally a better user experience for local playback. But now I seem stuck with the iphone sync. Of course what I want is for this to 'just work' the way that iTunes does. Is that possible? My nosing around on this forum and elsewhere is not too encouraging. I see a reference to "MC iTunes Synchronizer" from last May, but digging further this does not look super encouraging as it appears I need to run an old version of iTunes.

Given that my music is all in one directory, why wouldn't I just have both MC and iTunes scanning this same directory and then just switch apps when I want to sync? I guess there is the question of playlist synchronization, but I am not a big playlist user as I hail from the LP days when one generally "listened to albums."

Are there any reasonable approaches?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Syncing to iPhone
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 07:12:29 am »

Given that my music is all in one directory, why wouldn't I just have both MC and iTunes scanning this same directory and then just switch apps when I want to sync?
It's worth trying.  Back up first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up