INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No library view  (Read 861 times)

Ruggmeister

• Recent member
No library view
« on: March 25, 2023, 09:24:46 am »

Help please....A new user to JRemote from Gizmo.
I have no view of my library. Upon opening the app, all I can see is a blank screen?? With a header "jRemote2' and totally blank screen below??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No library view
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 10:17:55 am »

Did you connect to a server?  You can use the Access Key: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Access_Key

Ruggmeister

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 09:59:34 am »

Yes, connected to server. Server is listed in the app with details of Access Key. IP address etc.  I can play music thru the play buttons in theatre mode but TOTALLY BLIND with no view of music/library in the app 🤔

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 11:02:45 am »

Remote Display Settings:
MC Server > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA Servers... > Generic DLNA > Customize Views... > Details for Audio > Add... (select views)

Have you added any of your audio views here?  They should be listed in the option popup's left panel "Items to Show" under the Audio section.

Ruggmeister

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 05:18:00 am »

Hi and thank you for your suggestions.
All of the above are already correctly detailed as you have described. Note: under 'Advanced' within 'Media Network' options only "Customise Views for Gizmo and WebGizmo are shown and NOT JRemote. not sure if this is an issue.

As per my initial post and attached screenshots. The only view showing in the app is Theatre View. Upon swiping left the JRiver logo is displayed on a black backgound. the play, Stop, next track buttons at the bottom activate their functions but totally blind!!

Gizmo, my previous used app is fully functional showing ALL library views. JRemote app is performing the same on multiple devices????

Ruggmeister

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 05:22:42 am »

PS. My current JRiver version is MC19

Ruggmeister

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 06:08:45 am »

I subsequently successfully loaded a third party app "MO 4Media" Instantly connected with full functionality and views??

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 06:45:57 am »

JRemote2 was launched in 2019 and seems to be designed to work with MC26 and above (it uses JSON playlist API, introduced in MC26).
MC19 was launched in 2014 - there's no support for that anymore. Stick with MO4Media, or upgrade.

That said, the store page and website info doesn't mention any minimum MC version requirement, and JRiver could/should update it.

Ruggmeister

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 07:38:21 am »

Thanks Zybex. Think that may be the answer 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 08:06:20 am »

JRemote2 was launched in 2019 and seems to be designed to work with MC26 and above (it uses JSON playlist API, introduced in MC26).
MC19 was launched in 2014 - there's no support for that anymore. Stick with MO4Media, or upgrade.

That said, the store page and website info doesn't mention any minimum MC version requirement, and JRiver could/should update it.
The Play Store does that.  It won't show you a product unless it runs on your version of Android.

What format are your files?  Are you converting them on the server?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2023, 08:08:46 am »

Could you try MC30?  The trial is free.  Just download and install it.  Leave MC19 in place.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2023, 08:15:07 am »

The Play Store does that.  It won't show you a product unless it runs on your version of Android.

I do not mean Android version, I'm talking about MC version. The description in the store and the info on the Wiki/JRiver site do not mention any minimum MC version required.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2023, 08:17:20 am »

I do not mean Android version, I'm talking about MC version. The description in the store and the info on the Wiki/JRiver site do not mention any minimum MC version required.
I'm not aware of any minimum version of MC, but MC19 is pretty old now.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2023, 08:18:49 am »

From the changelog I can see that JRemote2 depends on the JSON API which was introduced in v26. It's obvious there's some minimum version requirement, be it v10/15/19/20/25/whatever. A buyer won't know that (as shown by this thread), and it's nice to have that info published, if nothing else to CYA in case the buyer feels cheated.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2023, 08:44:02 am »

JRemote2 should still support XML/MPL based playlists from before JSON was introduced. However, MC19 is extremely old, and was never tested in combination with JRemote2, so I can't really tell you what might be conflicting with it.
Its definitely designed for MC26/27+.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Ruggmeister

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2023, 09:15:40 am »

JimH: Play Store will show if the app runs on ones version of Android....That isn't the problem! the app loaded. It does NOT show however whether a minimum version of MC is req'd! The issue is its ability to present a view of the MC19 library inc playlists and play them. All MC19 settings are correct as both MO Media and Gizmo run without issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up