INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest versions not launching on Ventura  (Read 428 times)

rwierenga

Latest versions not launching on Ventura
« on: March 29, 2023, 10:15:31 am »

Hi -

The last several versions of the Mac build (including the one released on 3/27) are refusing to launch on my Mac Studio, running the latest version of Ventura. The application just bounces for a while in the dock and then eventually stops; I get the "application not responding" message and have to force quit; there is no crash report. This is a relatively recent development (I've been busy with work so haven't been able to devote time to troubleshooting immediately)--I've definitely had it running without complaint on this computer since Ventura launched. Uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing to fix the problem.

I saw a prior thread which suggested eliminating old Media Center entries from the Application Support folder in the Library. I tried that and found, oddly, that there are no Media Center entries in the Library at all, not in Application support nor in Preferences. So I'm stumped. Please help. Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Latest versions not launching on Ventura
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 08:52:42 am »

Hi -

The last several versions of the Mac build (including the one released on 3/27) are refusing to launch on my Mac Studio, running the latest version of Ventura. The application just bounces for a while in the dock and then eventually stops; I get the "application not responding" message and have to force quit; there is no crash report. This is a relatively recent development (I've been busy with work so haven't been able to devote time to troubleshooting immediately)--I've definitely had it running without complaint on this computer since Ventura launched. Uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing to fix the problem.

I saw a prior thread which suggested eliminating old Media Center entries from the Application Support folder in the Library. I tried that and found, oddly, that there are no Media Center entries in the Library at all, not in Application support nor in Preferences. So I'm stumped. Please help. Thanks!
It sounds like your settings have gotten corrupted somehow.
Do you have library backups? (in Documents under JRiver)

If so, you should be able to delete your existing data and restore from the backup (you'll need your license key).
You can do that in steps.
First try removing just the settings:
Open a terminal as the same user that runs MC then:
rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/J\ River/Media\ Center\ 30/Settings/*

Restart MC and see if it runs. If it does, your library database is good and you just had corrupted settings. You will be back at default. Re-license MC, reinstall any skins or modifications you've made.

Let us know how that goes and we can proceed to the next level if necessary.

rwierenga

Re: Latest versions not launching on Ventura
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 02:47:26 pm »

That did it - thanks so much!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up