INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote (iOS) 3.37 beta  (Read 1668 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRemote (iOS) 3.37 beta
« on: April 28, 2023, 12:14:21 pm »

We are getting ready to release version 3.37 as we believe that the problems with the API in versions > iOS13 are fixed.
If you are a beta tester and are still having issues with the 3.37 beta build please send feedback via the app or post it to this thread.

uncola

• Recent member
Re: JRemote (iOS) 3.37 beta
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 08:37:15 pm »

this is great news.   :D :D  I hope the shut down my pc function works again.. not working for me in windows 11.  also the gear icon and icons at the top are invisible if you use the new ipad dark mode

franswilco

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 07:17:23 am »

Repost, I know: I love using JRemote. Probably still one of the best apps in its class. Definitely JRiver's best asset and most user friendly control option. Please continue to develop this excellent app. I would like to request a handy feature that now has become common place in other music apps:

When long pressing a song (either in a playlist, play now or where ever), please add a "go to album" and "go to artist" shortcut option in the contextual menu, besides the current options (play now, play next, add to "now playing", play doctor and clear "now playing").

Thank you for your consideration.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 10:28:14 am »

Pictures... Really need an option in there to download and add a given picture(s) to IOS Photos.

AllanM

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 04:54:44 pm »

Hello. I was told to put beta reports here.

Using iOS 16.4.1 in iPhone 14 Pro Max
Also using same OS on iPad Air 4

Both devices: Trying to add server with access key doesn't work. App shows a response from the server, but will not connect. Adding with IP Address works. All devices on the same home subnet/network.

iPhone:
-tap My Smartlists - Sorry, cannot recall if I created this folder, or if it's stock
- Tap a Smart Playlist
Tap the three bar menu in the upper right,
- when icon view is shown, the album header area at the top covers the text header at the top
- this seems to happen with Top Hits too. Just open Top Hits, then drag down on the page

Both
- Trying to play any music file (All ALAC) on the device gives the error: "Audio Streaming Error" There was a problem playing the current audio file.

In JRiver Windows, there is a section call Streaming and a section called CloudPlay. In the app there is a section called Streaming, but I believe this is CloudPlay. It should likely be labeled CloudPlay.
--
Mostly a headphone guy. I use JRiver exclusively for music.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 10:36:18 am »

Hello. I was told to put beta reports here.

Using iOS 16.4.1 in iPhone 14 Pro Max
Also using same OS on iPad Air 4

Both devices: Trying to add server with access key doesn't work. App shows a response from the server, but will not connect. Adding with IP Address works. All devices on the same home subnet/network.
Check the debug messages when adding by access key fails, you should get a good reason why.
I'm going to assume that your server access key is out of date. It shouldn't be since it updates periodically while MC is running.
You can find out by going to the access key in media network on the server and clicking test on it.
iPhone:
-tap My Smartlists - Sorry, cannot recall if I created this folder, or if it's stock
- Tap a Smart Playlist
Tap the three bar menu in the upper right,
- when icon view is shown, the album header area at the top covers the text header at the top
- this seems to happen with Top Hits too. Just open Top Hits, then drag down on the page
I can duplicate that, thanks for the report.
Both
- Trying to play any music file (All ALAC) on the device gives the error: "Audio Streaming Error" There was a problem playing the current audio file.
I can play ALAC untranscoded fine. So yours must be either
1) Protected or
2) Too high of a sample rate in which case you'll need to turn on transcoding. My iPhone XS will play 24 bit 48k ALAC.
In JRiver Windows, there is a section call Streaming and a section called CloudPlay. In the app there is a section called Streaming, but I believe this is CloudPlay. It should likely be labeled CloudPlay.
In the App streaming means CloudPlay or RadioParadise. I agree it's a bit confusing.

AllanM

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 06:03:26 pm »

Check the debug messages when adding by access key fails, you should get a good reason why.
I'm going to assume that your server access key is out of date. It shouldn't be since it updates periodically while MC is running.
You can find out by going to the access key in media network on the server and clicking test on it.
I deleted the server from the iPhone app and tried again with 3.37.423 and connecting via access key worked
I can play ALAC untranscoded fine. So yours must be either
1) Protected or
2) Too high of a sample rate in which case you'll need to turn on transcoding. My iPhone XS will play 24 bit 48k ALAC.In the App streaming means CloudPlay or RadioParadise. I agree it's a bit confusing.

Transcode on the JRemote settings is off. Turning it on, the music plays.
That said, JRemote should be able to play ALAC files natively.
None of my ALAC files are protected. Most are 44.1/16, and that's what I tried to play.
I tried the Files app with the same files, and they play fine, so the iPhone can play the files.
M4A is not checked in "Audio Formats to Convert" as the iPhone and iPad can play all my ALAC files.
Adding M4A to the list and changing the setting to always convert audio, and I still get the same error.
Any ideas or suggestion for the Audio Conversion options? Is there another place to check for transcoding settings?
--

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2023, 07:10:57 pm »

I deleted the server from the iPhone app and tried again with 3.37.423 and connecting via access key worked
Transcode on the JRemote settings is off. Turning it on, the music plays.
That said, JRemote should be able to play ALAC files natively.
None of my ALAC files are protected. Most are 44.1/16, and that's what I tried to play.
I tried the Files app with the same files, and they play fine, so the iPhone can play the files.
M4A is not checked in "Audio Formats to Convert" as the iPhone and iPad can play all my ALAC files.
Adding M4A to the list and changing the setting to always convert audio, and I still get the same error.
Any ideas or suggestion for the Audio Conversion options? Is there another place to check for transcoding settings?
The audio conversion options in MC don't affect remotes when they are playing back on the remote.
Not sure what's going on with your ALAC files. Like I said 48k 24 bit ones play fine on my JRemote.
Perhaps try converting format of one on the MC server back to ALAC (in other words, just making MC redo the ALAC file) and try that.
I suspect perhaps your ALAC files aren't formatted with the MOOV atom at the front which is required for streaming.
Converting in MC will do that.
You can also find utilities to do that in place with your files.

AllanM

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2023, 09:22:15 am »

I suspect perhaps your ALAC files aren't formatted with the MOOV atom at the front which is required for streaming.
Converting in MC will do that.
You can also find utilities to do that in place with your files.

Yep, this was the issue.
I could write a script to use ffmpeg or “mp4box -inter 0 in.mp4 -out out.mp4” to repair the issue, but given the size of my ALAC library, any suggestion for an easy to use "in-place" conversion utility (windows) is greatly appreciated.

Update: When I converted my entire FLAC library to ALAC (when I was using iTunes), I used MediaHuman Audio Converter (a front end for ffmpeg). It worked very well for my needs then. I have since used Picard and tagged all my files. They have a checkbox (off by default) for "Optimize for Streaming". I didn't think I needed that, so didn't check it. Ug. Now I simply need to run it through the same program, which I just tested will fix the issue. I just have to do it little by little, or my cloud back up will use up all my data for the month since all my music files will change!

Note, I'm trying "ffmpeg Batch AV Converter" as it allows for more control. I'm liking it.

Just thought I update here. Thanks for the help with the ALAC streaming.

--

vallemanden

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2023, 08:04:52 am »

We are getting ready to release version 3.37 as we believe that the problems with the API in versions > iOS13 are fixed.
If you are a beta tester and are still having issues with the 3.37 beta build please send feedback via the app or post it to this thread.
How to become betatester?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2023, 10:20:42 am »

How to become betatester?
Check your email.

Lodewijk_Ramon

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2023, 09:25:06 am »

Hi,
I am a frequent and enthusiastic user of JRemote on iPad and iPhone. I am curious to see the release notes. Still hoping for one specific issue to be solved "Quick jump on lists when article sorting is enabled". Waiting in anticipation. :)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2023, 09:53:55 am »

Hi,
I am a frequent and enthusiastic user of JRemote on iPad and iPhone. I am curious to see the release notes. Still hoping for one specific issue to be solved "Quick jump on lists when article sorting is enabled". Waiting in anticipation. :)
I believe that was sorted out.
The extra switch in JRemote for article sorting has been removed.
It now only depends on whether that's set on the server or not.

Lodewijk_Ramon

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2023, 01:23:20 pm »

I believe that was sorted out.
The extra switch in JRemote for article sorting has been removed.
It now only depends on whether that's set on the server or not.

:) :)  :)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2023, 10:24:52 am »

I'm going to make 3.37 release today.
There is CarPlay support in it as well.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2023, 12:49:59 pm »

I'm going to make 3.37 release today.
There is CarPlay support in it as well.

Good to see early version of Carplay support.

I have a pretty large music library and it only loads up to a point; loading is also quite slow, but perhaps just a lot of data even though a 5G signal.  I could not browse the entire library, maybe 1/4 of it.  For what I could browse, I was able to play back.  Also not all album images loaded; seemed fairly random - could not discern a pattern.

Is there any way to cache the data and only load deltas from last request?  Assume Media Center would need to expose an API that handled that...  I can see the browsing time to be a problem for a lot of folks with large libraries...

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2023, 12:58:41 pm »

Could you make the library available to cncb?

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2023, 02:48:59 pm »

Could you make the library available to cncb?

Send you a PM.  Happy to help!
TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2023, 02:57:13 pm »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up