INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 30.0.93 (Silicon) won't play  (Read 415 times)

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
MC 30.0.93 (Silicon) won't play
« on: May 04, 2023, 05:48:14 am »

At the moment I am encountering a strange phenomenon: MC isn't playing any more music from my hard drives.
It tries, stops. At a second or third attempt, there comes the spinning wheel on the screen and I have to make a forced quit of MC.

A new start of MC doesn't change things.

Appended are the logging and the system report.

Frank

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC 30.0.93 (Silicon) won't play
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 08:03:50 am »

Still the same. I restarted the Mac, closed all other programs, no file can be played, neither from the MacBook nor from any of the appended HDs or SSDs.
I worked with it until that happened. Shortly before I couldn't use it a file was played by MC despite I stopped playing. I closed all other programs but it was definitely MC that played the file. I - normally - closed MC and since then I can't use it anymore for playing files.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 10:51:32 am »

It seems like a drive is unavailable.  Try powering everything off and back on.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 12:28:38 pm »

From your Previous Log.txt file:

0031714: 6129840128: Playback: CCoreAudioPlugin::StartCoreAudio: Output device '10-B5-88-94-94-82:output' not found

It looks like your audio device is gone or changed or something.  That looks like a MAC address to me (hardware ethernet address).  So you probably use some kind of network player?  (DLNA).  I'm guessing something has changed with your network player.  Or it's offline or something else.

Hopefully that gives you some information to help troubleshoot.
Brian.

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 04:42:13 pm »

I am not working with a network player. The strange thing is that it happened "in between", nothing changed, all working and without to change anything it stopped from one moment to the next.
I am working with two Macs a newer MacBook and an older Mac Pro with four hard drives. The older Mac is working over an ethernet connection. But not only the files on this Mac don't play but all on the MacBook, too. And it's always the same behaviour: I double click on a file, MC implicates buffering and then it stops. Another strange thing is that normally after a restart the thumbnails of the older Mac are rebuild with some delay but at the moment all covers are there.

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 04:59:17 pm »

I now tried to play a video file and that worked. And the an audio file and that worked again. Now it seems to play as usual.
Any idea what has been the fault/ bug?
Pages: [1]   Go Up