INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restore Library Fails  (Read 469 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Restore Library Fails
« on: May 04, 2023, 08:53:33 pm »

I switched over to 31.05 yesterday, and everything was fine with my library till today, when I attempted to "Close Media Center and Media Server" from the task bar, which I do when I switch from my 1080p monitor to my 4K TV and change zones (seems to work better that way). Anyway, when I reopened MC, I had a blank library, which happens occasionally--annoying, but since I have 2 library backups with thumbnails, no big deal. However, both backups fail with the error message "Library restore failed. The previous library has been reloaded. Unable to load library." THAT's a problem, as I have many, many views for audio and video, a couple of hundred playlists, etc.

I tried rebooting, but that didn't work. I tried going back to the most recent version of 30 and restoring there, and that didn't work.

I did tame Windows Defender yesterday after installing 31, so I don't think that would be an issue. I also cleaned up my C: drive a bit, as I was getting low on memory and deleted a few old JRiver folders, for 29 and 30, but I've done that before and not had a problem. Not sure what else it could be, but I obviously do not want to spend days and days rebuilding all my views and playlists (gulp). I attached a log file, and I can send one or both of the non-working library backups as well. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Restore Library Fails
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 01:22:30 am »

Is your MC database stored on the C drive?  That it is blank sometimes is obviously not right.  Something is preventing it from being loaded.  An unavailable drive, for example.  Antivirus, etc.

You could restore from an MC30 backup.

Please send a backup to matt at jriver.  Include a link to this thread.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 01:49:11 am »

The ones I'm trying to restore are MC 30 backups.

And yes, the library is located on the C: drive of Windows 11.

I only have Windows Defender, and as I said, I tamed it for MC 31.

Sending a backup now . . . .

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 02:15:51 am »

Actually, got it to work again after reinstalling 31, which I didn't think to do before. Doing so must have replaced a file or something, since now I have everything back! Whew!
Pages: [1]   Go Up