More > JRiver Media Center 30 for Mac

Special characters

(1/4) > >>

DmitryB:
In the past when a Group had some special characters, the Group would not display the music inside it. Only when the special character was removed - contents of the Group would appear. I've complained about it before for a few years. But with the latest update even MORE characters now make contents of a Group disappear. For example, before the update Karel Ančerl as the title of the Group would be fine. But since the update, items in this Group vanish. If I change that č to a regular C, they'll reappear.

Again, this has been a problem for years with some characters having this issue. But now the problem has expanded. Can this be fixed? (And while at it make all special characters acceptable in Group names? It's odd that this happens at all.)

Thanks!

FYI, this was one of the my old posts complaining about it. And it just got worse!

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125609.msg870268.html#msg870268

aliciaviola:
What do you mean with a name with special characters in a GROUP?
I asked for many years to repair the problem with special characters and in the last year
finally there was a big improvement that solved most of the problems.
Frank

blgentry:
A screen shot or two would probably clarify what you are reporting.

Brian.

DmitryB:
I've been complaining about this for years, but it got worse. Here are two screen grabs of one example. When I change one character in Karel Ančerl's name (č to c).

DmitryB:
Another example is Dvorak's name. See two screen grabs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version