INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't connect to DLNA  (Read 486 times)

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Can't connect to DLNA
« on: May 05, 2023, 01:05:51 pm »

I have a RP4 with RopieeeXL which has both Airplay and DLNA and it feeds my DAC. 

In the past I was able to connect via DLNA but I just moved my music to a NAS Server, and started JRiver with a brand new library and thus lost a lot of my settings.

I have the DLNA set up with all three boxes checked (renderer, controller, server) and I'm using Generic DLNA but it doesn't show up under Player.

I must be doing something wrong but I can't find it.

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Can't connect to DLNA
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 01:11:05 pm »

I think I solved it...I have to use the dropdown for "Zone to Configure"

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 03:03:46 pm »

For the benefit of others reading this.
You don't need to create a new library when you move your music to a NAS.
You could use the Rename, Move, Copy functionality to move the files https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files
Or, if you move the files outside of JRiver you could use the JRiver Replace function to update the path tags to point to the new location.

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 03:47:21 pm »

I didn't solve it...I can now see the DLNA in my Player list but no sound.

BTW...I tried that Copy/Replace and was unsuccessful.......There is a display issue that has the find replace boxes below the screen ........   I gave up after a while.

I have a bunch of custom screens I would have loved to save.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2023, 01:48:02 am »

Dennis by using a combination of shortening the RM&C form with the resize handles, to pull its header bar downwards. and the grabbing hold of the header bar, with the grab handle, and dragging the form upwards to make all of the form visible; you will find that MC will remember both the size and positioning of the form and open it in that position and. at the same size every time you open it.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2023, 02:44:24 pm »

Dennis by using a combination of shortening the RM&C form with the resize handles, to pull its header bar downwards. and the grabbing hold of the header bar, with the grab handle, and dragging the form upwards to make all of the form visible; you will find that MC will remember both the size and positioning of the form and open it in that position and. at the same size every time you open it.

I tried everything.   I have a headless Mac mini and that’s probably the problem.

UPDATE: I used VPN to get the headless Mac instead of Mac's "Share Screen".   And that worked !!!

But sadly, MC crashed halfway through the update.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up