INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MediaCenter for Android does not work on FiiO M11  (Read 754 times)

ThomasB

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
MediaCenter for Android does not work on FiiO M11
« on: May 13, 2023, 05:26:24 am »

Have bought MC for Android some time ago and since several updates it's always crashing.
I have the same apprx. 83.000 audio files on my M11 Android 7.0 device like on my Windows PC.
Import works fine.
However, as soon as I start to view any selection like Artists or Playlists "Top Hits" the system is crashing.

Have also other players like "Poweramp" or the original FiiO Music APP installed on the same Android player and there is no problem to handle such large libraries.

MC for Android is also working fine on my Smartphone with only several hundred music files; i.e. I assume that the big library on my M11 music player might be the problem.

Could you please advise what to do to solve the issue?

Many thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MediaCenter for Android does not work on FiiO M11
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 06:37:20 am »

If it's hanging, let it run.

ThomasB

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 06:50:47 am »

If it's hanging, let it run.

No, not hanging but quitting/crashing. The program doesn't show any files, no matter how long I'm waiting. That's totally different to the "hanging" during import when the program still works in the background.
BTW, if I load the M11 library on my Windows PC I can select the audio files from the Android device but as soon as I try to play it, the MC Android on the M11 is shut down/crashed as well.

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 01:28:34 pm »

I don't think the issue is the size of the library. I've tested with a library of over 150,000 audio files and cannot reproduce this issue. The first thing to try might be to see if there is anything in the log files.

Try to reproduce the issue again, then, use the device's file browser to get the logs. It's usually in a path like: Internal Storage -> Android -> data -> com.jriver.mediacenter -> files.

If you can find one or two log files there, zip them and e-mail them to me: brad at jriver.

ThomasB

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 02:17:56 pm »

I don't think the issue is the size of the library. I've tested with a library of over 150,000 audio files and cannot reproduce this issue. The first thing to try might be to see if there is anything in the log files.

Try to reproduce the issue again, then, use the device's file browser to get the logs. It's usually in a path like: Internal Storage -> Android -> data -> com.jriver.mediacenter -> files.

If you can find one or two log files there, zip them and e-mail them to me: brad at jriver.

Thanks for reply. The requested files have been sent to your email address.

ThomasB

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 05:23:53 am »

Brad, thanks for your efforts. MC for Android now works also on my FiiO M11.

Please make sure to include the required program modifications also in your future new releases.

rgds, Thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up