INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parametric Equalizer and Upgrading  (Read 368 times)

RTV0070

• Recent member
Parametric Equalizer and Upgrading
« on: May 13, 2023, 02:17:58 pm »

I migrated from Mint 19.3 to 20.3 today and also from Media Center 26 to 30 on my NUC.  Under MC26 I had created a parametric equalizer setting to correct a room response problem I have. Are the equalizer settings I created stored any where ?  While following the instructions for upgrading Linux, I removed MC26.  :-\  Are those equalizer settings saved anywhere that I can still access ?  I'm guessing if they were saved, they're gone now because of uninstalling version26, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Parametric Equalizer and Upgrading
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 02:18:38 pm »

You can restore a backup from a previous version.  [wiki]

RTV0070

• Recent member
Re: Parametric Equalizer and Upgrading
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 03:06:13 pm »

You can restore a backup from a previous version.  [wiki]

Thanks for the pointer to the Wiki.  I had seen the library backups in my home directory, but didn't realize they contained equalizer settings as well.  I must have deleted the setting I'm thinking about at some point in time because I don't see it after I did the restore.  I may have deleted it or changed it some time  since I did the initial installation [done several years ago].  I know I updated from the initial installation [version unknown] to 26. I probably didn't know enough at the time to update the library settings after I did the update to add the equalizer settings back in. So, it's likely gone from that activity. I'll recreate it.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up