INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connection by Air Play through my MacBook Pro to Devialet Dione sound bar  (Read 696 times)

GeneChu

• Recent member

Does anyone out there have any suggestions as how to connect my MacBook Pro running Media Center, to my Devialet Dione sound bar with Air Play?  I have recently upgraded to MC 31, but also tried using MC 30 and MC 28.
First I will say that my music folder is from an external hard drive, and the music plays beautifully on my MacBook Pro speakers.
Here is what I tried unsuccessfully:
• Select "play" and go to Speaker icon on my selection bar, choose Dione - as the Air Play tries to connect the devices.  The Dione is selected successfully (so it seems) and one of 2 things happen.  MC 28, 30 or 31 crashes, or no sound whatsoever.
Would appreciate any good suggestions.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

Does anyone out there have any suggestions as how to connect my MacBook Pro running Media Center, to my Devialet Dione sound bar with Air Play?  I have recently upgraded to MC 31, but also tried using MC 30 and MC 28.
First I will say that my music folder is from an external hard drive, and the music plays beautifully on my MacBook Pro speakers.
Here is what I tried unsuccessfully:
• Select "play" and go to Speaker icon on my selection bar, choose Dione - as the Air Play tries to connect the devices.  The Dione is selected successfully (so it seems) and one of 2 things happen.  MC 28, 30 or 31 crashes, or no sound whatsoever.
Would appreciate any good suggestions.
Please attach an Apple Crash dump. You can copy and paste it.
AirPlay is usually 48k sometimes 44.1. You might try setting DSP studio to convert all sample rates to one or the other.

GeneChu

• Recent member

Sorry Bob.  Your explanation is a bit too technical for me. Could you please explain your solution in plain non-tech form?  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You can read on the wiki about DSP Studio.  Use the Output Settings section to force everything to 48K, maybe to 44.1K.

GeneChu

• Recent member

Tried the DSP Studio route with no luck with either 48K nor 44.1K. 😩

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Make sure you checked the Output Settings checkbox.

bob

• Administrator

Tried the DSP Studio route with no luck with either 48K nor 44.1K. 😩
Try choosing the sound bar directly in MC's Audio Settings (Tools->Options->Audio->Audio Device)
Also under Tools->Options->Audio->Audio Device-Device settings, unclick any checkbox that it on.

GeneChu

• Recent member

MC 31 Mac might have solved the problem?  I've tried the many helpful hints from those who replied to my question.  Thank you all.  While attempting one more time to see if I can get AirPlay to work, I notices for the first time under "Playing Now" on the left panel, the "Dione" icon showed up (then again, I'm not sure it was there all along, or applying some of the advices might have initiated it).
So after tweaking a couple of settings, the audio came through on the Devialet Dione soundbar beautifully. First I went to my MB Pro Sound settings and chose Dione.  Then clicked on the "Dione" in the MC panel.  Then selected my music and it worked.  Hallelujah!!  It seems like I have to do this each time to get it to work, but am happy that it does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up