INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Channel Crash with WTV Recording  (Read 1127 times)

sheppy99

• Junior Woodchuck
Channel Crash with WTV Recording
« on: May 13, 2023, 04:40:07 pm »

I've just loaded v31.0.10 and the channel change crash doesn't happen anymore until wtv recording is enabled in settings, with ts recording it takes 15 seconds to display TV after changing channel. It displays a black screen before the picture arrives with now / next appearing after 5 seconds. 15 seconds seems a bit long for a simple channel up or channel down button press.
Switching to wtv recording causes the program to exit after 1 or 2 channel changes. Switching back to ts allows it to work again.

sheppy99

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Channel Crash with WTV Recording
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 04:50:48 pm »

As its been a few days now with no replies, does this mean its not getting fixed and I should move back to V30?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 08:27:40 am »

I need more info.  If there is a confirmed issue, we certainly will fix it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sheppy99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 12:40:29 pm »

Ok, please tell me what you need and how to provide it. I’ve got a couple of days left this week when I can help and then I’m busy for a week
I need more info.  If there is a confirmed issue, we certainly will fix it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 01:25:54 pm »

... with ts recording it takes 15 seconds to display TV after changing channel. It displays a black screen before the picture arrives with now / next appearing after 5 seconds. 15 seconds seems a bit long for a simple channel up or channel down button press.
Yes.  Seems odd.  Antivirus?

sheppy99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2023, 02:58:15 pm »

Yes.  Seems odd.  Antivirus?
Only Windows Defender with exemptions set for the relevant folders as previously advised. Its a relatively recent install of Windows 10 just for JRiver and has very little junk installed on it. Same exemptions used in V30

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2023, 08:23:19 pm »

There are two issues.  With TS recording, let's start with getting a log file.  Enable logging, then try reproduce the issues.  Then grab the log files.  email to me.  yaobing at jriver

With WTV recording, I am seeing issues, but not crashes.  With logging enabled, try to get it to crash.  Grab the log files (and hopefully the crash dump file) by going to Help > Logging and click "Report problem..."

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2023, 12:10:39 am »

Only Windows Defender with exemptions set for the relevant folders as previously advised. Its a relatively recent install of Windows 10 just for JRiver and has very little junk installed on it. Same exemptions used in V30
Please Double Check Windows Defender
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114101.0.html

and check what's running in Task Manager.  Any security related software is capable of causing crashes.

sheppy99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2023, 11:46:03 am »

Will have to do this for you in a weeks time as I'm away from the main machine. Where do I enable logging?

There are two issues.  With TS recording, let's start with getting a log file.  Enable logging, then try reproduce the issues.  Then grab the log files.  email to me.  yaobing at jriver

With WTV recording, I am seeing issues, but not crashes.  With logging enabled, try to get it to crash.  Grab the log files (and hopefully the crash dump file) by going to Help > Logging and click "Report problem..."

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2023, 08:59:44 am »

Google "JRiver logging"...

The first item in the result list is this

sheppy99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2023, 04:58:35 am »

Tried this again with 31.0.17 and the problems still there. 1)select wtv in recording settings. 2)select any channel from the epg in theatre view. 3)change channel and media center exits. Will try and get logs tomorrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up