INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No audio from Audio files (Videos play with audio, streaming plays audio)  (Read 509 times)

SteveMA

• Recent member

I have a problem with my audio collection playing sound.  All files (audio, video, pics, etc) are stored on computer with MC 29 installled).  I had no issues with audio (been running fine for a couple months after installing MC29).  Today, however, audio files will not play.  As noted above my video files (DVDs mostly) play the audio as well.  Streaming from Youtube Music plays audio as well.  For what it's worth, I have the files on a server as well (and was able to play from the server without issue as well prior to today).  MC29 will not play audio when I "reconnect" to the server either.

The error message is "something went wrong during playback" but I've not been able to restore audio following the suggestions.  Any suggestions???

Steve

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Check the Audio Setup topic on the wiki.

SteveMA

• Recent member

Check the Audio Setup topic on the wiki.
  I've checked the wiki.  The audio plays thru the system as intended (including test tones) with the exception of the audio files in my Main Library (resident on the same PC I've been using for the past 3-4 years.  The TV (an LG OLED) is new but, as I said the system was working fine until yesterday.  I rebooted with no change.   Would uninstalling/reinstalling MC be worthwhile trying?
Thanks,
Steve

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

SteveMA

• Recent member

No.
Jim,
I have my music but not from the Library on the PC.  I have the library on a server as well so I changed to the server library, enabled dlna and everything plays.  I still have no clue why the issues with the PC's library!!.   At any rate, thanks for your responses and help.
Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up