INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote (iOS) 3.37  (Read 3821 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRemote (iOS) 3.37
« on: May 22, 2023, 10:31:48 am »

Changes in this build:

CarPlay support.
  Clear remaining in a playlist. Requires MC31 (because it needed an additional MCWS)

Fixes in this build:

Top spacing on notched devices with large fonts.
  Quick jump on lists when article sorting is enabled (only server articles are used now).
  Fixed some crashes when switching networks and coming out of sleep.
  Lyrics and Bio's overlapping headers from the beta builds.
  Layouts and (i) button on iPads >= iOS13 from the beta builds.

AllanM

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote (iOS) 3.37
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 11:54:27 am »

Hi. I just have a little time to play with this (I will have much more time after I retire in July!).

iPhone 14 Pro Max
  • Tap Playlists
  • Tap a playlist
  • Scroll up and down
  • The "< Back" Playlist name, and other header info is covered by the header graphic

I posted two images, one how it looks when you first open the playlist, and one how it looks after you scroll a little
--
Mostly a headphone guy. I use JRiver exclusively for music.

jkrichards

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 02:35:37 pm »

I don't see this new version in the app store.  Still 2.36.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 02:48:41 pm »

I don't see this new version in the app store.  Still 3.36.
It's waiting for final approval.
When it's released it will be a phased distribution. I'll post here.

jkrichards

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 07:43:27 am »

Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 09:25:16 am »

It's live.

jkrichards

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2023, 04:27:39 pm »

Thanks. Working great here :)

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2023, 08:55:21 am »

Works great for me.  Thanks for the clear remaining feature and CarPlay!  Fantastic to see this amazing controller app get some love.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2023, 03:53:57 pm »

Sorry, I’m sure I’m not thinking.  How do I add an entire album to the playing now queue (without selecting each individual track)? Selecting “All Tracks” overrides the queue and starts with the first track of the album.  Don’t recall having this issue before.  Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2023, 08:59:45 pm »

Sorry, I’m sure I’m not thinking.  How do I add an entire album to the playing now queue (without selecting each individual track)? Selecting “All Tracks” overrides the queue and starts with the first track of the album.  Don’t recall having this issue before.  Thanks!
Long touch/hold on the Album.

I don't know if it depends on the one touch mode icon in the upper right just to the left of the track display mode button. I don't mess with that much.

hh_22359

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2023, 08:29:06 am »

Hi,

I appreciate the effort to continue development for JRemote and I really love this app, BUT I have lost the Wake-On-LAN functionality with version 3.37. I had to install a dedicated utility to wake up my Home Theatre PC using the same data (IP address, MAC address) stored in JRemote. Any idea or fix?

Regards,

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2023, 08:59:52 am »

Hi,

I appreciate the effort to continue development for JRemote and I really love this app, BUT I have lost the Wake-On-LAN functionality with version 3.37. I had to install a dedicated utility to wake up my Home Theatre PC using the same data (IP address, MAC address) stored in JRemote. Any idea or fix?

Regards,
Are you connecting with the access key or IP address?
It's possible something changed because we are using a newer SDK to build JRemote than 3.36 used. We'll take a look.

hh_22359

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2023, 12:17:51 pm »

Are you connecting with the access key or IP address?
It's possible something changed because we are using a newer SDK to build JRemote than 3.36 used. We'll take a look.

Hi,

JRemote initially uses MAC address / IP address for WOL; once the target PC is up & running incl. JRiver application, JRemote will use IP / port and access key to connect and control the application.

It's the initial WOL that no longer works with 3.37.

Regards,

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2023, 09:55:03 am »

Long touch/hold on the Album.

Thanks for the response.  Yes, the above works: thanks. 

Just for the record, previously, selecting the album, long pressing the first track presented an option to select all tracks to add to the playlist.  This also worked in the following way.  Long pressing any track below the first track and selecting all tracks would add all the tracks including the long pressed track and all tracks below.

I have always had the default tap mode set to 1+ "Add to "Now" Playing.  I never change that.

This is not a large issue, just inconsistent with previous versions and provided a nice option to easily section a portion of an album.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2023, 04:54:05 pm »

Thanks for the response.  Yes, the above works: thanks. 

Just for the record, previously, selecting the album, long pressing the first track presented an option to select all tracks to add to the playlist.  This also worked in the following way.  Long pressing any track below the first track and selecting all tracks would add all the tracks including the long pressed track and all tracks below.

I have always had the default tap mode set to 1+ "Add to "Now" Playing.  I never change that.

This is not a large issue, just inconsistent with previous versions and provided a nice option to easily section a portion of an album.
That "All Tracks" still shows up for me on an individual track. It's to the right of the selection tab.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2023, 02:33:14 pm »

That "All Tracks" still shows up for me on an individual track. It's to the right of the selection tab.
blacked out for me. iphone 13, ios 16.5

Edit: it does function differently depending. One variable is the zone: playing to my Rendu (in the house) is different than playing to my iPhone.  All track is blacked out using both zones but for the first play to the rendu, it adds all the album songs.  This is not true playing to my phone.  Once something is playing (rendu), (regardless of the default tap mode) all existing playlist songs are replaced with the new album.  I have to back out to the album view, select the album, and choose add to now playing.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2023, 08:54:03 am »

blacked out for me. iphone 13, ios 16.5

Edit: it does function differently depending. One variable is the zone: playing to my Rendu (in the house) is different than playing to my iPhone.  All track is blacked out using both zones but for the first play to the rendu, it adds all the album songs.  This is not true playing to my phone.  Once something is playing (rendu), (regardless of the default tap mode) all existing playlist songs are replaced with the new album.  I have to back out to the album view, select the album, and choose add to now playing.
I don't think it's that it doesn't work, just that the theme makes it hard to see.
There have always been some differences between how things work on the local device as opposed to remote zones.
That has changed a bit since in MC30 and MC31 there is now a "zone" that represents the remote device (only the most current) which has some, but not all, functionality of a real hardware zone.
Nothing regarding playlists or zones has changed in JRemote itself.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2023, 03:22:11 pm »

Bob, thanks for the patient responses.  Last post on the subject: promise.  Something changed in this function.  Been using JRemote way before it was purchased by JRiver.  It is the perfect partner for Media Center on my system.  Thanks again.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2023, 03:28:07 pm »

Bob, thanks for the patient responses.  Last post on the subject: promise.  Something changed in this function.  Been using JRemote way before it was purchased by JRiver.  It is the perfect partner for Media Center on my system.  Thanks again.
If you have MC29 or later you might try comparing the behavior with that to MC30/31. That might help us figure out where it's different.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2023, 10:48:47 am »

I'm currently using MC31 (all the comments above are based upon running MC31).  I loaded MC 30 (was still installed on my music server) and the "All Tracks" function, as described in my previous posts is the same.  Downloaded/installed MC 29.  Had to reconfigure, etc.  Managed to get it working on my network and JRemote connected.  The "All Tracks" function, as described in my previous posts is the same.  Thanks again!

bennettonward

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2023, 11:04:38 am »

Hi, I have just upgraded to a master version of JRiver 31 and installed on two Macbooks and a laptop running Windows 7 the latter had my previous JRiver 19 installed, JRemote 3.37  is installed on an iPhone and iPad and happily still works with the old version 19 but cannot communicate with any of the installations of JRiver 31; I'm obviously doing something wrong but struggling to get to the bottom of exactly what the problem might be.  Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2023, 11:44:38 am »

You may need to set up Media Network  [wiki] and use the new Access Key from MC31.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2023, 05:14:00 pm »

I'm currently using MC31 (all the comments above are based upon running MC31).  I loaded MC 30 (was still installed on my music server) and the "All Tracks" function, as described in my previous posts is the same.  Downloaded/installed MC 29.  Had to reconfigure, etc.  Managed to get it working on my network and JRiver connected.  The "All Tracks" function, as described in my previous posts is the same.  Thanks again!
Fixed in the 3.40 beta

bennettonward

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2023, 03:48:15 am »

Hi, I have just upgraded to a master version of JRiver 31 and installed on two Macbooks and a laptop running Windows 7 the latter had my previous JRiver 19 installed, JRemote 3.37  is installed on an iPhone and iPad and happily still works with the old version 19 but cannot communicate with any of the installations of JRiver 31; I'm obviously doing something wrong but struggling to get to the bottom of exactly what the problem might be.  Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

All sorted now, just needed to locate and type in the correct access key for each individual installation;  BTW can someone please guide me in how to remove old redundant servers from JRemote - thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2023, 08:47:54 am »

All sorted now, just needed to locate and type in the correct access key for each individual installation;  BTW can someone please guide me in how to remove old redundant servers from JRemote - thanks.
Swipe from right to left on the server name in settings.

Lodewijk_Ramon

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2023, 06:00:52 am »

Hi Bob (and other hard workers), I still can't get the "Ignore articles" right. Can I add articles in other languages in the server (I tried in Tools->Tree and View, but no results)? How do I code the articles (separation with ??; is the order important?).

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2023, 11:21:18 am »

Hi Bob (and other hard workers), I still can't get the "Ignore articles" right. Can I add articles in other languages in the server (I tried in Tools->Tree and View, but no results)? How do I code the articles (separation with ??; is the order important?).
Separation with a ;
Order shouldn't matter.

Lodewijk_Ramon

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2023, 12:43:00 pm »

Separation with a ;
Order shouldn't matter.
Thanks for the information. I found one (funny) exception: for some reason the French plural "les" is not recognised as an article, although I put it in the list.

dahlberg

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2023, 05:16:28 am »

Will the jremote 2 for ios (iphone) control a windows installation as well ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2023, 06:59:19 am »

Will the jremote 2 for ios (iphone) control a windows installation as well ?
Yes.

dahlberg

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2023, 08:01:26 am »

Thanks.

agelessgoodguy

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2023, 08:52:49 pm »

I'm a newbie to this concept so a few of quick questions please. Can Carplay be used in late model hybrid BMW's & Is it better to load JRemote into the car's own internal Phone/Internet system or keep it on my iphone? BMW apps/screens do not play everything downloadable!  If both, do I need to buy two copies? So as long JRriver is running on my PC and connected to the net all my Media library is available to play?

That's enough for now thank you ..... cheers

Changes in this build:

CarPlay support.
  Clear remaining in a playlist. Requires MC31 (because it needed an additional MCWS)

Fixes in this build:

Top spacing on notched devices with large fonts.
  Quick jump on lists when article sorting is enabled (only server articles are used now).
  Fixed some crashes when switching networks and coming out of sleep.
  Lyrics and Bio's overlapping headers from the beta builds.
  Layouts and (i) button on iPads >= iOS13 from the beta builds.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2023, 08:34:18 am »

I'm a newbie to this concept so a few of quick questions please. Can Carplay be used in late model hybrid BMW's
Probably but check with BMW.
& Is it better to load JRemote into the car's own internal Phone/Internet system or keep it on my iphone?
On your iPhone.

BJP691

• Recent member
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2023, 08:21:58 am »

Curious if with the integration of CarPlay if there is a way to select “player” as the zone as opposed to the just “this device”.

I run a headless PC in the car(s) with its own network and would like control from CarPlay as opposed to the phone.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2023, 10:25:34 am »

New build 3.40 released. See the top of this forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up