INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleted_Recovered Files that Won't Playback  (Read 355 times)

JGF232

Deleted_Recovered Files that Won't Playback
« on: June 11, 2023, 08:22:05 am »

I'm completely over my head in a library deletion & recovery process.  I'm hoping for some assistance from the JRiver wizards.  In short, due to limited space issues on my HDD, I attempted a move of my library (mostly CDs ripped in MC29, though I have recently upgraded to MC31) from the C: to a new external F:.  I followed a process for doing this from the JRiver Wiki how-to and most of the transfer went smoothly, though it appeared as some folders never made it over to the new location.  So in a series of errors of my judgement, I ended up deleting the F: library to try again.  I wasn't too worried as I had the entire library FLAC files backed up on another external E: (which also had my MC Library Back-up files).  But somehow when I "copied" the files from E: to F:, I lost everything.  As the quantity of files exceeded the Recycle Bin limit, I used a third-party, Cleverfiles, to recover the FLAC files using their Disk Drill function.  To me, it appears like they were recovered - the files look to be the size of FLAC size etc.  I tried to open a few recovered files in MC31 but I got a Playback Problem error box - Something Went Wrong With Playback.  I am frankly embarrassed at my ineptitude but is there still a salvageable library?  Were the FLAC files corrupted during recovery?  Any guidance would be much-appreciated before a monumental task of CD re-ripping begins...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Deleted_Recovered Files that Won't Playback
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 08:30:53 am »

I'm sorry but we can't help you much in recovering from a messy file problem like that. 

Explore tools available.

Backup and Restore.  MC makes backups automatically.  [Wiki]

Moving Files on the wiki has other tools.
Pages: [1]   Go Up