INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I find tracks with missing artwork ?  (Read 609 times)

OlivierPS

• Recent member
How do I find tracks with missing artwork ?
« on: August 25, 2023, 04:23:33 am »

Hi all !

In my rather large library (30K + tracks), I’d like to add the missing artworks. I’m wondering whether there’s a simple way to identify the tracks without artwork other than scrolling. Maybe a search function ? Is there something I could type in the Search field ? Create custom view ?

Thank you very much if you can help me.

Olivier :-{)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I find tracks with missing artwork ?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 08:03:54 am »

This question is really about creating a process for reviewing your album art.  When I was doing this, with a collection about 1/5 the size of yours, I created my own View for this.  It is a Panes View with custom panes that allow me to select various things I'm looking for.

For example, do you care if your cover art is at least a certain size?  In my case I had some very low resolution cover art, in the neighborhood of 250 x 250.  These looked kind of terrible and I wanted to replace them with larger (higher resolution) images.  My view let me select everything with cover art below a certain resolution.

Here's a link to a thread talking about this subject, with a screen shot of my Cover Art Review view.  A few posts down I have an exported view that you can import into MC.  The import process is weird and takes some figuring out, but it can be done.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,98325.msg701887.html#msg701887

To answer the easiest part of your question:

To search for songs (files) without any images:

Code: [Select]
[image file]=""
You can paste that right into the search box.  Or you can make it part of a Pane that has embedded queries.

Best of luck to you.
Brian.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 10:29:42 am »

If you look among the Smartlists supplied with MC you will find one called "Audio -- Task -- No images" - which when run will list out every track that does not have any ArtWork.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 11:29:56 am »

You could make a new smartlist that looks at the image size to find low resolution art.  We store the width and height of an image when we load it.

For example:
[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Image File]=[] ([Image Width]=<200 or [Image Height]=<200)

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 11:33:46 am »

Maybe we could add a smartlist to do that.  Would less than 300x300 work?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 11:38:10 am »

Good idea.

Next build:
NEW: Added a couple stock smartlists to find low resolution cover art.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

OlivierPS

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2023, 12:49:53 am »

Thank you very much !

-[Image File]=[] is exactly what I was looking for !

If you look among the Smartlists supplied with MC…

Where can I find them ? I have reorganized / discarded default smartlists more than 12 major versions ago and I haven’t seen any new one appear while upgrading with each major version.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2023, 05:40:18 am »

OlivierPS - If you right click on the word "Playlists" in the Tree the menu that pops up includes "Add Stock Smartlists" - clicking on that one will reload all of the Smartlists MC Provides. Unfortunately it reloads all of the MC Provided Smartlists, so you may have to delete the ones you do not need.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2023, 08:34:18 am »

Thank you very much !

-[Image File]=[] is exactly what I was looking for !

That will find tracks that DO have art work.  Didn't you want to find tracks WITHOUT art work?

Brian.

OlivierPS

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2023, 03:36:34 pm »

That will find tracks that DO have art work.  Didn't you want to find tracks WITHOUT art work?

Brian.

Yes, Brian, of course. I meant [Image File]=[] was the expression I was looking for. I didn’t find it when I searched. Again, thank you very much !

OlivierPS

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2023, 03:39:31 pm »

OlivierPS - If you right click on the word "Playlists" in the Tree the menu that pops up includes "Add Stock Smartlists" - clicking on that one will reload all of the Smartlists MC Provides.

I didn’t know this trick. Thank you very much !

Pages: [1]   Go Up