INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing issues between Client and Server  (Read 743 times)

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
Syncing issues between Client and Server
« on: August 25, 2023, 01:59:33 pm »

I'm on MC 29 thinking about upgrading, but I am currently having trouble syncing tag changes via the client on the server.  I'm wondering if I upgrade that this would be better?  Each time I change a tag on an album, within minutes the tag reverts back to what it was originally, even if I hit "Sync Changes."  So I'm wondering if such issues have been addressed over the past two versions for Linux users, namely dockerized versions?  Thanks for the consideration!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Syncing issues between Client and Server
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 03:09:28 pm »

Turn on Authentication on the server.  Wiki.

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 04:09:06 pm »

Thanks for that tip, but I've had that enabled.  I have to restart the server and then reconnect via the client in order to get the syncing process working again.  I've also enabled auto sync on the server. 

I'm currently testing out MC31 and so far there hasn't been hiccups like in MC29, so I'm thinking that the server/client connection has been addressed through MC30 and MC31. 

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 11:37:22 am »

Thanks for that tip, but I've had that enabled.  I have to restart the server and then reconnect via the client in order to get the syncing process working again.  I've also enabled auto sync on the server. 

I'm currently testing out MC31 and so far there hasn't been hiccups like in MC29, so I'm thinking that the server/client connection has been addressed through MC30 and MC31.
There were some major changes to that in MC30 IIRC.

Leiph

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 02:27:54 pm »

There were some major changes to that in MC30 IIRC.

I realize that this is slightly off topic, but since this is regarding syncing and MC30: I am having trouble with MC30 (Win10) as Library server and MC24 (Xubuntu 18.04, running on x86). Is this relate to the mentioned changes in MC30? Action window says it syncs, but no files are transferred to the empty library folder.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 05:17:52 pm »

I realize that this is slightly off topic, but since this is regarding syncing and MC30: I am having trouble with MC30 (Win10) as Library server and MC24 (Xubuntu 18.04, running on x86). Is this relate to the mentioned changes in MC30? Action window says it syncs, but no files are transferred to the empty library folder.
That's entirely possible. The changes were on the client side IIRC

Leiph

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 01:28:21 pm »

That's entirely possible. The changes were on the client side IIRC
Sorry, I don't quite understand the answer. What is entirely possible - my assumption of a mismatch between MC24Ubuntu/MC30Win, or the sync function between MC24/30?

Update: BTW - Syncing between MC30 Win as Library Server and MC24 Win as client works fine.

/Leiph

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2024, 09:48:13 am »

Sorry, I don't quite understand the answer. What is entirely possible - my assumption of a mismatch between MC24Ubuntu/MC30Win, or the sync function between MC24/30?

Update: BTW - Syncing between MC30 Win as Library Server and MC24 Win as client works fine.

/Leiph
The client side changes were made in MC30. There shouldn't be any difference between the architectures therefore I was referring to the MC24/MC30 difference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up