INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist 'Audio-Task-Incomplete Albums'  (Read 248 times)

SimplySound

• Recent member
Smartlist 'Audio-Task-Incomplete Albums'
« on: September 05, 2023, 09:35:50 am »

I have a number of 'incomplete albums' that are coming up in the Smartlist for 'Audio-Task-Incomplete Albums'.  I guess I'm wondering how the logic for 'Complete Album' is assessed?  Is it referencing some external database?  What might be the best way to determine what is 'missing'?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smartlist 'Audio-Task-Incomplete Albums'
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 09:58:22 am »

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Multiple_Artist_Albums#Complete_Album

Media Center has some built-in support to automatically determine if an album is complete and incomplete. Two fields are automatically calculated, [Album Type] and [Complete Album], and these can be used to help determine if tracks for an album are missing, or help create views to filter single-tracks. An album is considered complete if the following conditions are met:

all tracks are of [Media Type]=Audio
all tracks have exactly the same, non-empty [Album] value
all tracks are in the same folder - i.e. have the same value for the [Filename (path)] field
all tracks have sequential [Track #] values starting at 1
all tracks have the same, or sequentially increasing [Disc #] values (empty and 1 are considered the same)

SimplySound

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 10:48:33 am »

Thanks DTC, that gives me something to work with to determine why they might be getting reported.

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 06:44:38 pm »

all tracks have the same, or sequentially increasing [Disc #] values (empty and 1 are considered the same)

This one always gets me (good rule though)... I don't use the Disc # field, but I now display it at the end of the rows to remember to clear it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up