INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Again, remembering view settings...  (Read 685 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Again, remembering view settings...
« on: February 18, 2003, 06:11:32 pm »

I've seen the discussion about detailed album view http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1045508753 and I thought I raise this issue again.

Why not have MC remembering view settings?? It would be so much easier for users and much more intuitive.

For instance, if you change sorting order in playing now, let MC remember that sorting order next time you visit Playing Now. If you want to see album art in a Artist/Album view scheme, set it once and forget about it, same should go for every view you use.

The setting in Tools - Options - Tree View setting is old school. I haven't seen this kind in a program for a long time now, most windows programs sort it by clicking the columns (like JRiver does) BUT remembers it the next time you visit that view!

Another one I constantly change is recently imported. As soon as I imported a new album, I reverse the sorting in Seq to see the last imported files. Why not do that once and then let the user forget about it?

Conclusion: Remember which sorting order people want in each view instead of setting one in general. Let the user set which List style they want in each view (like windows explorer, thumbnail, list, detail) and get MC to remeber that in that particular view.

Thanks for letting me rant along :)
/Martin

Pages: [1]   Go Up