INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jremote and media center don't show the same things  (Read 1004 times)

stefanino

• Recent member
jremote and media center don't show the same things
« on: October 16, 2023, 07:32:44 am »

Hi everyone, could anyone help me because on jremote on the iPad I don't see the same image of the artist that I see in media center, and how can I view album discs in order of date as in media center and not in order of name. Basically if there is a way to synchronize media center and jremote.
Sorry for my bad English. (google translator)
Thank you, see you soon.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: jremote and media center don't show the same things
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 07:46:43 am »

In MC, you can customize the display that JRemote uses. 

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=109830.0

stefanino

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 08:08:26 am »

Thanks so much for now, I hope I understand and when I get home tonight I'll try to see what I come up with.
Thanks again for the quick response.

stefanino

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 08:21:29 am »

Sorry to bother you again, but at the end I should be able to see the same images of the artists as in media center? and the discs in each artist in the order I have on media center?
Many many thanks

stefanino

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2023, 01:37:59 pm »

In MC, you can customize the display that JRemote uses. 

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=109830.0
Hi, thank you but I don't really understand how and what I should do. If there were more complete instructions... Thanks again

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2023, 05:55:30 pm »

The options for what is displayed on JRemote are controlled from within MC.

If you go to Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced;  you'll see "Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel..." and this is where you can configure the views in JRemote.

If you want the same views in JRemote that you have in MC, when add a library item and select "Library Item from Standard View" and this will list all the views that you have already created in MC that you can select.

And remember you can't really break anything, so play around until you have what you want. But it is fairly easy to mirror what you have in MC.

stefanino

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2023, 01:08:16 am »

The options for what is displayed on JRemote are controlled from within MC.

If you go to Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced;  you'll see "Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel..." and this is where you can configure the views in JRemote.

If you want the same views in JRemote that you have in MC, when add a library item and select "Library Item from Standard View" and this will list all the views that you have already created in MC that you can select.

And remember you can't really break anything, so play around until you have what you want. But it is fairly easy to mirror what you have in MC.
Thank you and sorry, but do I have to delete the elements that I already have in the window (artist - auto - , album) before adding the new ones by selecting "... from standard view"? I whiten/delete everything and then add artist, album etc. etc. ? thanks so much again but I'm afraid of making the situation worse, not being able to rearrange it and making a mess that forces me to reinstall everything. You are very kind as always and thanks again. I am almost sixty years old and I have several fears and little desire to tinker with the computer.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2023, 01:15:18 am »

No you don't have to delete the elements already there, they will just show up as additional views in JRemote.

You can leave whatever views you have until you are happy with what you have added in then delete the old ones.

stefanino

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2023, 01:31:00 am »

No you don't have to delete the elements already there, they will just show up as additional views in JRemote.

You can leave whatever views you have until you are happy with what you have added in then delete the old ones.
Hello and thanks again for your patience. I should have time to try it over the weekend, hoping not to ruin anything.
Thanks again and see you soon.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2023, 05:47:58 am »

If you are unsure about any changers you are about to make you can make a Library Backup priory to doing it and if you are not happy later you can restore your previous settings.
MC also does regular backups in the background, which includes all your settings as well as the library database.

File>Library>Back Up Library

stefanino

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2023, 01:21:13 am »

If you are unsure about any changers you are about to make you can make a Library Backup priory to doing it and if you are not happy later you can restore your previous settings.
MC also does regular backups in the background, which includes all your settings as well as the library database.

File>Library>Back Up Library
Thanks, it's true I hadn't thought of that. You see I'm in denial and that's why I'm afraid to touch/change anything. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up