INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Commercial skip with COMSKIP for DVR ?  (Read 796 times)

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
Commercial skip with COMSKIP for DVR ?
« on: October 31, 2023, 03:23:19 am »

I just licensed MC31. I got Comskip to work in the past years ago with previous versions, but can't remember how.
Is there a guide on how to enable this feature with MC31 ? I want to turn it on globally for all future recordings. I couldn't find anything relevant under Options/Television . My google searches found some very old threads. Even chatgpt was of no help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Commercial skip with COMSKIP for DVR ?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 08:20:53 am »

An old thread on comskip should still be valid.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 09:23:57 am »

If you type the following into google: comskip site yabb.jriver.com
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=114568.0
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=135565.0

I'm old school, still using Dragon Global DirMon 2  ;D
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 01:38:24 pm »

Thanks. I had found the first thread, but not the second one.

1. In the first thread, regarding this post :
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114568.msg797391.html#msg797391

I'm not seeing the option to "Apply default post-process command to all existing rules that have no command set".
Was it ever implemented ?
Or do I have to edit each of my existing recording rules and add Comskip to it manually ?
And in the future, if I want to change the Comskip command-line, do I have to edit each rule manually also ?

2. I'll look at the second post and try to add the post processing to a recording rule.

3. I ran comskip manually on a couple recordings from yesterday, and it generated the EDL file. During playback, MC31 shows the timeline for commercials briefly in the bar at the bottom when playing/pausing. However, it doesn't autoskip the commercials like I remember it doing. Is there an autoskip option I'm missing, and if so where ?

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 02:06:26 pm »

Sorry can't help with number one or two.

For number three, I think you just need to ensure that the EDL is in the same (sub)directory as the recording file. Aside from that, you could look at Tools > Options > General > Behavior > Resume Playback using Bookmarks = Auto
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 02:41:41 pm »

Sorry can't help with number one or two.

I was able to resolve 1. Turns out the "save settings as default" also applies to existing rules. So, no need to edit every rule manually.

With the help of post 2, I was able to setup Comskip also. I did a short one-time recording that just finished, and comskip ran, generating an EDL file.

For number three, I think you just need to ensure that the EDL is in the same (sub)directory as the recording file. Aside from that, you could look at Tools > Options > General > Behavior > Resume Playback using Bookmarks = Auto

That's already the case, the .EDL file is in the same directory as the .TS file, and that option is already set to Auto, which appears to be the default.

Edit: looks like it works now, at least on one recording. Seems it skips a little bit into the commercial and not right at the start. That's what was confusing me into thinking it wasn't skipping.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 04:52:13 pm »

I'm not seeing the option to "Apply default post-process command to all existing rules that have no command set".
Was it ever implemented ?

The option is in TV Options, Recording section (near the bottom of the section).  It is phrased a little differently:

"If a recording rule does not include post-process tagging or command, apply respective defaults."

If you don't check this checkbox, old recording rules that do not specify ComSkip will not run ComSkip command after recording is done.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 04:56:24 pm »

The option is in TV Options, Recording section (near the bottom of the section).  It is phrased a little differently:

"If a recording rule does not include post-process tagging or command, apply respective defaults."

If you don't check this checkbox, old recording rules that do not specify ComSkip will not run ComSkip command after recording is done.

Thank you, Yaobing !
Pages: [1]   Go Up