INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No playback after Bluetooth disconnect  (Read 381 times)

stanger89

• MC Beta Team
  • Junior Woodchuck
No playback after Bluetooth disconnect
« on: November 17, 2023, 10:05:36 am »

Hey!  I finally picked up JRiver for Android yesterday (long time MC user).  For background I guess you could say the stars finally aligned that I'm able, and have a good enough reason to stream music from home to my phone while I'm away from home.  Since I already have MC running in a docker on my unRAID server JRiver for Android seemed the obvious choice.

So for the setup, I've got Wireguard on my server and phone so my phone can connect without having to open a bunch of stuff to the internet, and that part's working great.  It took a while to sync the library, initially but after that it's been pretty quick.

So on to the problem. What I was seeing was things would work for a while, and then after something happened, it would no longer play anything, and would require a force stop of the app and restart.  I think I've narrowed it down to this:  On initial startup playback works fine.  Then after the Bluetooth connection is lost (car shut off, headphones off/disconnected) playback won't work until I force stop the app and restart it.

Is there anything I should check?  Phone is a Pixel 7 Pro with Android 14.

stanger89

• MC Beta Team
  • Junior Woodchuck
Re: No playback after Bluetooth disconnect
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 07:47:54 am »

Additional data point.  Today I started playback with my BT headphones disconnected (accidentally, they'd turned off).  Playback started fine but since I wanted to use the headphones, I paused it, turned the headphones on/connected to the phone.  And after that playback wouldn't start again without Force-Stoping the JRiver app.
Pages: [1]   Go Up