INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Major stuttering issue  (Read 338 times)

lenniepaz

Major stuttering issue
« on: November 19, 2023, 11:24:19 pm »

New user here testing out jriver. I'm using a HTPC that runs MadVR perfectly. I've heard great things about jriver so I'm giving it a try. I installed the latest version and tried out jrvr with my 4k rips that are on an external hard drive that's connected to my router 3.0 USB port. I have gigabit internet and my GPU is a 2060 Super. My rips are unwatchable because they stutter so bad. Is there any setup other than choosing jrvr as the renderer, and I also have tone mapping chosen? I chose the lowest setting too and they are still unwatchable.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Major stuttering issue
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 07:46:13 am »

NVIDIA going into low power state?

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,24031.msg952624.html#msg952624

Also, USB 3.0 has limits.

lenniepaz

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 11:45:43 am »

NVIDIA going into low power state?

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,24031.msg952624.html#msg952624

Also, USB 3.0 has limits.

I have zero issues with stuttering using my MadVR setup and streaming from the Hard Drive.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 02:51:16 am »

Which GPU do you have? A driver update may fix the problem (or sometimes a downgrade).
Make sure the "Hardware-accelerate video decoding" option is enabled in Options->Video. Check your CPU usage to see if MC is using software or HW acceleration.

Some things to try in Options->Video->JRVR settings:
- try the "Performance" preset (should be the default)
- enable the "Allow HW decoder direct rendering (...)"
- Press CTRL+J to enable statistics, see if there's something obviously wrong. There's also an option to log frame timings under Advanced options.
- Try other Scaling algorithms/options, start with Bilinear. Check your CPU usage to see if it's a bottleneck.

To answer your question - yes, you can use MadVR with MC. Just change the Video Mode in Options->Video to "Red October MadVR". Some new options to select the MadVR profile will show up. You can also use the "Custom" video mode to access the standard MadVR settings UI. MC ships with it's own copy of MadVR, so the settings are distinct from whatever MadVR settings you have on your other players.
Pages: [1]   Go Up