INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android 32.0.3 -- Available Here  (Read 1311 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver for Android 32.0.3 -- Available Here
« on: December 22, 2023, 01:22:23 pm »

JRiver for Android 32.0.3 is available on the Play Store
Please post bugs here.

Please use this thread for discussion.

Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Play Store Download
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jriver.mediacenter

Changelog

32.0.3 (12/20/2023)

1. NEW: Add video fast forward/rewind skip amounts to settings for Android TV.  Next/Previous also now skip 5 minutes.
2. NEW: Add support for basic visualizations.

31.0.66 (10/4/2023)

1. Changed: Previously selected zone is used on startup.
2. Changed: Use original format for playing to DLNA.

31.0.57 (9/25/23)

1. Changed: Use random colors for the folder icon.
2. Fixed: Play from search would always play to local (Player) zone.
3. NEW: "Play album" option added to file playback menu.

31.0.53 (9/11/23)

1. Changed: Some tweaks of the Playing Now layout.
2. Changed: Playing Now button at top toggles between cover and list views.
3. Changed: Warning is displayed when battery optimization is turned on and playing to a remote zone/renderer.

31.0.44 (8/11/23)

1. NEW: Added context menu options to category views.
2. Changed: (Android TV) Removed the cover art background from category views because it wasn't improving the view.
3. Fixed: (Android TV) Accessing Cloudplay would crash if the user did not have a valid token.
4. NEW: (Android Auto) Added access to Radio JRiver, Radio Paradise, and Cloudplay.
5. Changed: (Android mobile) Modified the layout of the streaming page.
6. Fixed: (Android mobile) Fetching the full list of Cloudplay playlists was timing out and not removing the loading dialog.
7. Changed: Updated the color theme of most views to be more consistent.
8. Fixed: Radio Paradise was not working when connected to a library server.

31.0.36 (7/19/23)

1. Fixed: The app would stop responding for several seconds at various times if using a loaded library.
2. Fixed: The playback state could get lost when controlled by remotes.
3. Fixed: (Android TV) There was a crash that would sometimes happen when exiting from playing a video.
4. Changed: Made some changes to the audio output plugin to improve playback.
5. Changed: (Android TV) The file list will make better use of the space and leave less empty space.
6. NEW: Added bookmarking for video files and audiobooks.

31.0.21 (6/9/23)

1. Fixed: Browsing a category or file list with a large number of items could cause a crash.

Note: The latest update may not be immediately available because it takes time for Google to clear it before publishing. These times can vary, so if you don't see an update immediately, check back in an hour.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

alfredmjNZ

• Recent member
Re: JRiver for Android 32.0.3 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 05:49:17 pm »

Hi:
I have a Galaxy Tablet S7 with JRiver 31.066 installed (SM-T875).
My main reason for buying an Android license was to use the tablet and JR Media Center whilst traveling using bluetooth headphones.

First issue:  JR for Android takes ages to load file from internal disk.

2nd issue:   JR will pair well with older bluetooth devices such as Sennheisser CX-7, but fails to switch to playing with Sony NR headphones like the wh-1000xm5.

Whilst the tablet recognizes the paired device and plays sounds through the Sony h/phones with system sounds, JRiver fails to play. 

I can only fix this by rebooting the tablet and re-pairing the headphones several times.  This can take over 30mins.

Regards  Alfred

stanger89

• MC Beta Team
  • Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver for Android 32.0.3 -- Available Here
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 07:55:51 am »

2nd issue:   JR will pair well with older bluetooth devices such as Sennheisser CX-7, but fails to switch to playing with Sony NR headphones like the wh-1000xm5.

Whilst the tablet recognizes the paired device and plays sounds through the Sony h/phones with system sounds, JRiver fails to play. 

I can only fix this by rebooting the tablet and re-pairing the headphones several times.  This can take over 30mins.

Regards  Alfred

I think I'm having the same issue.  I picked up JRiver for Android a couple months ago, what I've found is that if the Bluetooth state changes (device connects or disconnects) JRiver won't play unless I Force Stop the app and restart it.  It happens with both my Sony WH-1000XM headphones and in my truck.

Today specifically I accidentally started playback without the headphones connected, which worked fine.  Then connected my headphones and couldn't get playback started again until I did the force-stop/restart trick. 

Phone is a Pixel 7 Pro/Android 14.
Pages: [1]   Go Up