INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Expand All View in Tree  (Read 350 times)

JimK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Feature Request: Expand All View in Tree
« on: January 10, 2024, 10:40:43 am »

I am requesting a feature to add the option "Expand <viewname>" when I right-click on the view node in the left-hand column, similar to the option "Collapse <viewname>".

When I make changes to how I catalog my audio files/CD collection, I manually expand each tree level to see which entries need to be modified. For example, I changed the display in the view to show the album name preceeded by the release year. In order to see which albums are missing the release year, I have to expand each artist name in the tree to be able to see the album list.

The feature would be similar to the ability in Windows Explorer to right click on a folder and select "Expand". It would be very helpful to have 2 options: Expand single level, and expand all sub-levels.

Here is the topic I originally posted discussing this feature: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,136624.msg955706.html#msg955706

Please let me know if you need additional details. Thank you for your consideration.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Feature Request: Expand All View in Tree
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 01:15:58 pm »

Expand and collapse right-click menu options are there already.  We'll add "Expand All Under [View Name]" to a coming build to expand everything.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Feature Request: Expand All View in Tree
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 12:42:34 pm »

Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up