INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import creates duplicate displays of the same files  (Read 1527 times)

amargolis

• Junior Woodchuck
Auto Import creates duplicate displays of the same files
« on: February 09, 2024, 11:52:23 am »

Long time MC user here. Thanks for the great product. I primarily use the Windows version and I'm running V31 there, but I still use V28 on my Mac.

I have Auto-Import set to monitor 2 network-shared drives, and each time I re-open MC and auto-import runs in the background, it creates duplicate versions or listings of the same files. The longer I let it run in the background, the more duplicates appear in my library. My point is, the duplicates do not appear all at once...they accumulate over time which makes me think it has to do with background auto-import activity. See attached screenshot for examples and my auto import settings. 

The problem described here has occurred on previous MC versions for Mac, but never on any MC version on my Windows setup (which monitors the same network-shared drives).

I'm not sure I've ever left it open long enough to let the auto-import run to completion in the background (is there any way to check on background auto-importing activity?). My library's very large so it takes days. I'll leave it open for the next few days and see if the problem fixes itself,

Other than that, any ideas? Is this an issue anyone has reported before? Thanks in advance.

amargolis

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Auto Import creates duplicate displays of the same files
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 06:50:33 pm »

I'm still having this issue. I have two listings for every file in my library. The file name and path is exactly the same and I can confirm that there are not duplicate files on the scanned drive. I can't understand why there are duplicate listings in the MC library. Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Auto Import creates duplicate displays of the same files
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 07:11:51 pm »

Why don't you update the Mac to the same version?
Pages: [1]   Go Up