INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC30 - Marantz NA8005 audio output problem.  (Read 436 times)

minhleevn

• Recent member
MC30 - Marantz NA8005 audio output problem.
« on: February 15, 2024, 07:26:37 pm »

Hello,
I have been struggling with these problems in the last few days. I have this setup for years with various version of MC (current 30) without any problem.
Old Sony Laptop installed JRiver MC -> Marantz NA8005 (DAC) -> Denon AMP -> Speakers.
I recently replaced my Old Sony Laptop to NUC11 (Windows 11), installed JRiver MC 30, import all of my old settings. The setup now is like this:
NUC11 (JRiver MC 30) -> Marantz NA8005 (DAC) by Audio Cable USB type B -> Denon AMP -> Speakers
NUC11 (JRiver MC 30) -> Sony Smart TV by HDMI (as Monitor to stream Movies) -> Audio Cable to Denon AMP - Speakers.

In MC audio devices, I only see: Direct Sound (WASAPI), Sony TV (WASAPI). I don't see my Marantz ASIO anymore.
In Windows 11 audio output, I only see Sony TV as an output, I don't see any others like JRiver MC like I used to.
If I play an audio files (from and 8TB WD external plugged in NUC), the sound output through my TV Speakers (if I change on my Denon AMP channel to Speakers, it goes through Speakers). Lossless file, DSD (if DSD 256 switch zone to DoP format) can be played fine following my old settings imported over.

I do not know why it does not go through my DAC (NA8005) anymore.
I tried to install ASIO4all, install the driver of Marantz NA8005. I can see the ASIO4All and Marantz ASIO but get no sounds.

Marantz NA8005 drivers might not be compatible with Windows 11? My old laptop was Windows 10 and had no problems (even though the driver on the Marantz official page says it supports up to only Window 8).
I check all cables, work fine. All devices function fine.

I searched on the forums, some said the problem might WDM for Windows 11. I haven't tried yet. I will check when I get home later. However, anybody has any ideas what might be a problem here? Drivers issues? Configuration issues?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC30 - Marantz NA8005 audio output problem.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 04:14:21 am »

You may have been using an ASIO driver that you installed before.  It should have been provided by the manufacturer of whatever device you used.

Don't use ASIO4All.

minhleevn

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 06:51:45 am »

You may have been using an ASIO driver that you installed before.  It should have been provided by the manufacturer of whatever device you used.

Don't use ASIO4All.
I uninstalled ASIO4All since it didn’t do anything.
I installed driver from Marantz NA8005 page. It shows Marantz ASIO on Output MC30 but in Windows Sound Devices Output, I don’t see Marantz.
I enabled WDM, same problem remains.
I guess Marantz NA8005 is not compatible with Windows 11 after all. And since it is a discontinued product, they don’t update its software anymore.
Thanks for your reply.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 07:04:14 am »

It needs to show up in Windows first before it will work.  Did you try rebooting? 

You could probably find out more by using Google.

minhleevn

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 07:51:18 am »

It needs to show up in Windows first before it will work.  Did you try rebooting? 

You could probably find out more by using Google.
Yes, I googled but I couldn’t find any related information.
I rebooted but it won’t show on Windows.
I will try looking for more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up